Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking out my t100 chop, and it's low enough and the kick stater revolves around enough that i can use it as a kick stand, is anyone else doing this with their trumps? I know theres a mod for xs650's to do this, but i was wondering if this would be problematic for the trans, but it seems firm enough that I can trust it, it just cant roll ahead, but that shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
It works.. Guys have done it. Some say it might put a strain on things but i think its fine.

That said. Get an Fn' modified kick stand. The worst night of my life was when i was forced to use my kicker as my stand cuz my real kickstand broke. When your bike dont want to start and your holding it up kicking till your tired and you have a headache. Its a pain to deal with day in and day out.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I am trying to figure out how to use my kickstand as a kick starter. Now there is a real problem.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I've done it for three years now. I regret it, although I've had no problems thus far. I know i will, and I know I'll be shitty when I do.

But hey, that's tomorrow. I got stuff to be shitty about today.

·
Registered
689 Posts
But mommm, all the cool kids are doing it. Fuck trying to hold your bike up and kick it like a dirtbike. Granted the brit bikes are lighter and easier to kick through, the first time you fall over trying to be billy bad ass you will be adding the stand. At that point you will be welding on your freshly painted/powdercoated frame and ruining that, as well as sporting a real cool dent in your tank from when you fell over. That's reality.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You want to talk about falling over, my first dirtbike was a husqvarna 610 with a left side kick start at 14! even though it was lowered as far as it could go, I still went through quite a few clutch covers.

alright guys, i'll keep on my kick stand.

·
Registered
310 Posts
If your bike is tuned right, you should have no problem kicking it like a dirt bike. Again, not ideal, but not the hard to do.

But hey, I just want to be like the cool kids

1 - 14 of 14 Posts