Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i searched for a while on this to no avail, realy im looking for some ideas on a custom kick/sprocket cover for the bike 77 ironhead kick only and i realy want the sprocket to be exposed as much as possible. probably gonna cut something on the waterjet but looking for design optoins

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
this has come up before on here if you look through some old posts. i remember seeing it awhile back.
if you are looking to sell your current cover let me know.

·
Registered
887 Posts
If you've got a waterjet, you ought to be able to come up with something more creative than a guy like me with just a grinder, dremel, and files. Creativity is a personal preference...........

Sixball

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i know i was more or less looking for inspiration to help weed out what i dont like, and ive only seen like one or two on here

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Those covers are weak enough as it is. But if I were to do it, I'd take it off and look where the reinforcement ribs are first.

·
Registered
245 Posts
check this bike out, I seen it on the quad cam bastards forum.
this dude did a mint job cutting up his cam cover and sprocket

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Form over Function. It will kick your ass everytime. Make it look cool. Then when it breaks, you will be looking for another one to cut up. If you want a cool kicker cover, make one from scratch and use the best expensive aluminum, like the one above. Sportsters are known for breaking them, and knees. I am all for cool stuff. But if you ever get "Sportster Knee", you will try to find a super heavy duty, ugly cover, to keep it from happening again. Or you can go ahead and stick your hand in the car door, and I will slam it. Same effect. By the way, I am not being a SA, in any way. Been riding these ironheads since the late 60's. Just trying to save one knee at a time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry not to step on toes but i dont like the idea of a cut down factory cover it always seems to get jumbled when trying to cross the factory look and a little art. like someone tried to chop it up to look homemade and ended up shitting it up then said forget it ill slap it on there because im to pissed to care. ill try to find a pic of the one i somewhat liked

1 - 12 of 12 Posts