Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
What's the cap from?

How's the bike funded? It looks like you've got a bunch of nice parts.....do you sell the bike once it's done to fund the next year... donations? Not the IRS nor the school board, just curious..................The bike looks good and I think it's really cool that you offer a class based on learning to build a motorcycle....................

Tim

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HeX said:
What's the cap from?

How's the bike funded? It looks like you've got a bunch of nice parts.....do you sell the bike once it's done to fund the next year... donations? Not the IRS nor the school board, just curious..................The bike looks good and I think it's really cool that you offer a class based on learning to build a motorcycle....................

Tim
The gas cap is from Crime Scene choppers..it's there speedster cap, Joe donated it to the project. As far as funding the bikes, this one and last years bikes were/are built from donated or student fabricated parts. We have been fortunate enough to get all the big $$ items donated to the class for the build. Last years bike was sold and the money went to buy new equipment for my manufacturing classes and buy consumable everday supplies needed to keep the shop classes running. I will keep building them with the kids from the donations as long as we can get them..it has been awsome for the kids..they have never been more excited to learn TIG welding/fabrication and other techniques.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks..and here is my personal project..I am working SLOWLY on getting the second pan done..and I mean SLOWLY..I may throw my 57 motor in it for this summer.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
asillymick said:
That is a nice Triumph... but aren't you in Minnesota? Isn't there like about 4 feet of snow on the ground right now? How did you get you Triumph up there?
Yep tons of snow and below zero temps..I unfortunately had to "trailer" it..damn hate to say it but that was the only way.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Why weren't there cool classes like this when I was in high school. I think about all those crappy projects I wasted my time on when I could have been doing something like this. Damn.

Nik

·
Registered
601 Posts
I raise a glass of the wife's nog to you snow bound brothers...
When the white's on the ground, it's OVER. Being a California boy, I didn't know that obvious fact, but found out one fine winter in the High Desert of Southern California when I was about 16....wow, wild ride!
Your projects are where MORE attention needs to be paid in our society in general...we wonder why the world has gone to shit...just look at what the kids have to look forward to, and what they have to put-up with every day.
Give 'em patience, teach 'em skills, let 'em think for themselves some of the time....Freaky what happens, eh?
Good shit.
People around the world hear about the work you are doing, and you have a lot of respect from a LOT of really top-drawer individuals. You have earned it.
Keep the faith.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hogtownhd said:
Nice! What are the dimensions (rake/stretch) on this setup? Thanks.
That is a stock 57 pan straight leg frame beside missing tool box mount and sidecar loops she is mostly "uncut"

1 - 20 of 20 Posts