Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I laid my CB750 down a few weeks ago.....needs some cosmetic work but is otherwise ok....I'm planning to tear down the engine later this year any (new gaskets, et al) so here is my question....

is it worth the time and effort to go from 750 to 836? I know it would be cool, and I plan on keeping the bike awhile, and it's not even the issue of money. The bike runs GREAT, I mostly ride back and forth to work so it's pretty utilitarian.

The cool factor is there for the upgrade, but in the long run...is it really worth the time and effort? Am I ever gonna really use whatever performance I gain.

Just something to think about, and if any of y'all have ever done that, lemme know what you think

·
Registered
630 Posts
Dirk_Laguna said:
is it worth the time and effort to go from 750 to 836?
As a well known cb750 hater, you may want to take my opinion with a grain of salt...but those of my friends that run 836 kits love them. The hondachop guys swear by them. No replacement for displacement, as they say.

It kinda depends on what $$$ you're into spending for a rebuild, if your motor needs rings and a rebore anyways, and how cheap you can score the necessary parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.