Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A deal popped up I couldn't refuse so I grabbed it. Complete bike, specs as I can tell..
titled as a 63 harley -original pan heads
s and s bottom (new)
polished linkert
bendix juice
harley tranny
58 ish frame with swing arm and that drop seat bend

I was going to throw it a mid 60s rigid pan roller I had but it's too nice so I'm going to go swingarm chop

Anyone looking for a nice black mustang tank, rear fender with mounts PM me, Front end is already gone and replaced with an old paucho springer and a 21

wish me luck boys, this is unknown territory for me

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,801 Posts
A deal popped up I couldn't refuse so I grabbed it. Complete bike, specs as I can tell..
titled as a 63 harley -original pan heads
s and s bottom (new)
Nice looking bike.

I hate to rain on your parade but if you have an s&s bottom end it can't be titled as a '63 Harley. Is your left case oem or s&s? Is the vin number on the title on your left engine case?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't know how the PO did it but the title says 63 Harley Davidson. I realize it can't be a "show" bike with the S and S bottom but I'm riding it so I don't give a shit about the logistics.

I will post some pics when I get some parts, it's on the lift now half torn up. I needed to get the front end off as I sold it back to the PO and waiting on some tins, a seat, and a shorter kickstand because the old one is too badass oldschool to cut up

Only thing I'm selling off this thing is the tins, rear fender/sissy set up and a nice solo mustang seat, oh and and a set of apes, not the field goal posts that are on there but a little shorter, big fat ones that narrow to 1 inch for the grips/throttle. Check the classifieds in a couple days or PM me

·
Registered
85 Posts
hey now dont go selling those apes that i left in your car from when i switch to the z bars at bruces

other than that...

NORTH BUFFALO PAN CREW...ASSEMBLE!!!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nope different apes.. more of a chimpanzee. I did wrap those apes for you so they wouldn't get fucked up in my garage death pit

·
Administrator
7,801 Posts
Don't know how the PO did it but the title says 63 Harley Davidson. I realize it can't be a "show" bike with the S and S bottom but I'm riding it so I don't give a shit about the logistics./QUOTE]

You should care about the "logistics"!

What does the vin number on your title match?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Nice looking bike.

I hate to rain on your parade but if you have an s&s bottom end it can't be titled as a '63 Harley. Is your left case oem or s&s? Is the vin number on the title on your left engine case?
I know it doesn't seem right but I'm seeing this in Florida a lot, I just found a bike on ebay titled the exact same way. They may have blue tagged the frame so numbers may not need to match the motor to be legal anymore. In my opinion special construction once you lose the original pan bottom end.

·
Administrator
7,801 Posts
In my opinion special construction once you lose the original pan bottom end.
Once you lose that oem left case it has no choice but to become a special construction. Either he bought a bike that has no matching number to the title/registration, the aftermarket case has the 63FLXXXX number stamped into it, or it's titled/registered as a '63 special construction. Only one of those scenarios are legit.

G

·
May be in your best interest to pay heave to those that have knowledge in this area....

Many have been taken in by Chrome and Shine....It can blind you when it comes to number's "Most Importance"

Just so you don't have grief down the road....As in waving Bye-Bye to your bike as it's being haul off on the end of a hook headed to impound...
Take the time to make sure it all falls within the grounds of being legit...

BTW..... Nice Bike

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If it came down to it, I would dive behind the bike and have a shootout with the bastards before they hauled it away after they cleaned up my bloody carcass.

Kidding aside, this came from a retired mechanic family man who does this (rebuilds old harleys) out of his collection. Everything's tip top here.

Plus my wife's the legal assistant to the state supreme court judge, oh the power of a phone call...

·
Administrator
7,801 Posts
this came from a retired mechanic family man who does this (rebuilds old harleys) out of his collection. Everything's tip top here.

Plus my wife's the legal assistant to the state supreme court judge, oh the power of a phone call...
So how is it titled then?

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
If we've morphed into another title thread, I once owned had a bike titled as a 1945 Harley Davidson with an engine change. The numbers on the title were the numbers on the cases (which weren't 1945).

And nice looking swing arm Pan.

·
Registered
85 Posts
i bought a pan from the same exact guy that backwithabang did.

i can assure everyone that the number on the reg MATCHES the number on the s&s case and mine is in-fact titled as a 1955 Harley Davidson.

dont ask us how he did it but its done and thats that.

·
Administrator
7,801 Posts
i bought a pan from the same exact guy that backwithabang did.

i can assure everyone that the number on the reg MATCHES the number on the s&s case and mine is in-fact titled as a 1955 Harley Davidson.

dont ask us how he did it but its done and thats that.
Even if the number on the registration matches the number on the aftermarket case, that doesn't make it legit. Is the number on your case a Harley number, 55FLXXXX?

You should ask how he did it because one day you might be answering to this. If the number is an assigned vin then he did it right, if he just stamped Harley numbers into aftermarket cases, then he did the wrong thing. Numbers are very important and shouldn't be taken lightly.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts