Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spoke to steve. Good guy and he was quick on shipping. Stuff is all repo and cheaper then trying to win a screwed up original on Ebay. Very happy. Got the web site from this board. Thanks can't remember who told me about it. Just figured I would lets you guys know.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
'stock' ball bearing cups or Timken conversion? Also, is this for a 1 1/8 dia. neck?Only asking 'cause I'm looking for a Timken conversion for a VL Springer (1 1/8") to adapt for a Big Twin forged neck frame.... not sure if they exist.

Thanks,
Michael

·
Atomic Custom
3,829 Posts
Flatironmike said:
'stock' ball bearing cups or Timken conversion? Also, is this for a 1 1/8 dia. neck?Only asking 'cause I'm looking for a Timken conversion for a VL Springer (1 1/8") to adapt for a Big Twin forged neck frame.... not sure if they exist.

Thanks,
Michael
I think I have the bearings for what you want to do.. Vtwin makes a kit, and I have part of it left.

If you want me to check on it, let me know. (email or pm)

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Trent:

looking for the neck cups that'll accept the 1 1/8" VL Springer neck and press fit into a stock forged neck on a BT. Not sure if they exist, what's the V-Twin number on the 'kit' and whatcha got?

BTW, the E-D's looking good.

Michael

rockymtnpits said:
I think I have the bearings for what you want to do.. Vtwin makes a kit, and I have part of it left.

If you want me to check on it, let me know. (email or pm)

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I looked in V twin and did't see anything like that. If there is shame on me. I got the ball bearings. Didn't want to go through pain in having new custom cups and bearings made. Would like to get the bike on 2 wheels so I can coast down hills and make motor sounds.:p

·
Registered
149 Posts
Flatironmike said:
Trent:

looking for the neck cups that'll accept the 1 1/8" VL Springer neck and press fit into a stock forged neck on a BT. Not sure if they exist, what's the V-Twin number on the 'kit' and whatcha got?

BTW, the E-D's looking good.

Michael
hey mike,
i went through what your going through with the vl stem, i ended up chopping that fucker off(the stem) and making a one inch stem. that way i could use it on other bikes. i did it with a horizontil mill. it took some time but was way worth it. now i got a vl springer that i could use on any 1" frame. if you got any more questions let me know!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts