Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some standard triumph pipes on that I hacked a little, but they dragged and looked too stock. Went to a muffler shop and got a bunch of bends fo $20 and went to cutting and welding.

I am thinking about cutting the bottom pipe about 5 inches longer than the top.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what my grinder is for! I ran out of gas on my mig half way through and noone is open today but I wanted to finish. That's my story anyway!
rockymtnpits said:
Those pipes look sweet..

But we have to have a little talk about your welding skills!;)

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Mike V said:
Had some standard triumph pipes on that I hacked a little, but they dragged and looked too stock. Went to a muffler shop and got a bunch of bends fo $20 and went to cutting and welding.

DID you use JB weld to put them pipes together..I heard that shit's the bomd diggity!! All the new fabricators are using it....ha ah
looks sweet Mav!

·
Registered
269 Posts
I 'm usually boring when it comes to pipes on brit bike's..pretty much like the typical style..
But THOSE look cool!
I really dig the way they meet up and run back.. I think leaving the bottom one longer is perfect!

·
Registered
257 Posts
"I am thinking about cutting the bottom pipe about 5 inches longer than the top."

Measure the pipes and keep them of a similar length, it'll make the motor run sweeter. I think.:confused:

·
Registered
967 Posts
Jovial Prankster said:
"I am thinking about cutting the bottom pipe about 5 inches longer than the top."

Measure the pipes and keep them of a similar length, it'll make the motor run sweeter. I think.:confused:
A pretty good point - They should be about the same length overall. Considering the lower pipe doesn't swing around the motor like the top pipe does, it's okay for it to be longer, the question comes down to how much longer.

Looks good, that's for sure!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Hey Mike V,You did a good job on the pipes.I too wanted to make a set of drag pipes equal length on a HD project.I'm standing in my backyard trying to run a tape measure along the pipes when a kid (about 12 yrs old) comes over and asks "what ya doing".After I explain the theory on pipes being the same length he says "why don't ya plug up the head end and fill the short pipe with water,then you can pour the water in the long pipe and cut it where it fills up to".I stood there for a minute feeling pretty stupid.Ya gotta respect them kids in the neighborhood that have great tech tips.I'm sure this kid is going to be a Biker someday.Happy New Year Everyone,Frosty

·
Registered
43 Posts
Nice pipes.

FYI - rear tire needs air pretty bad though...

·
Registered
150 Posts
the water tip is tits.....thats the way my machine shop teacher at mmi told us to do it when going over tuned intake and exhaust length and it will for sure run better and be esier to tune if you run dual carbs

bike looks pisser.......would like to see close ups of the seat setup....tryin to figure out what the hells gone on there

·
TI_Tuesday
748 Posts
mav you suck!!

i was going to do the same shit to my bike! EXCEPT, mine's going to come out on the right instead of the left. thanks dick!

see ya on st patty's!

Mike V said:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts