Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was slummin over at the clubchoppers board (mainly to post a for sale ad for a bike) and i was amazed at the number of brand new barely or never ridden HIGH dollar customs for sale over there. ad after ad for bikes that the owners have spent $30K, $40K or more lookin to cash out for half their investment. are the rub's on the run ??

·
Registered
601 Posts
Well, from what I have seen at my tattoo shop, the fellers get themselves their first bike...yep, a "kustom"..and find out the "DogHogBossFangler" production "custom" isn't all they had been frothing about for the two years before they bought it...get sick of dealing with spotty performance, and shitty customer service...(really and truly sadly most of these cats can't and won't turn a damn wrench..so, they are HELPLESS when the most minor thing comes up)...They throw up their hands, and sell it.
I have one customer...Got his RoadToad or whatever the fuck it was, and hadda have his tattoo the same week..first bike, first ink..and then he was "Born to be Mild"...
A few months goes by, he has a second nearly identical bike from another company...
Spends months on the phone fighting with both companies.
We tell him to get a bagger, and sort the shit out later, cause he actually does want to ride.
Fucker goes and gets a third fucking billet monstrosity...and fights with a THIRD company...meanwhile, he's taken it in the ass selling the other bikes.
Just clueless shit...I'd be disgusted, but the dude actually WANTS to ride, though his asthetic is pretty gawd-awful.
We pointed him towards a FXRP, and he's feeling it. But, meanwhile he's out a boatload of coin.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sometimes i wish i wasn't such a nice guy and could take advantage of some of these fools. i've been building and riding bikes for almost 40 years and this whole "chopper" craze just boggles my fuckin mind. to me it's just incredible that there are enough silly fuckers out there with bottomless pockets and wannabe stars in their eyes to support a multi-million dollar industry. can their lives possibly be so empty that they have to resort to buying an identity ???

·
Registered
845 Posts
lilbill said:
can their lives possibly be so empty that they have to resort to buying an identity ???
Absolutely. Many people have no clue who they are and use this stuff to "explain" to everyone who they are. "I'm the guy with the billet barge with all the maltese crosses on it." It's kinda sad, but you see it elsewhere, not just in the new glam chopper world. In 5-10 years it will be interesting to see what happens to all this...

·
Registered
257 Posts
In 5-10 years it will be interesting to see what happens to all this...[/QUOTE]

I'm just hoping there'll be lots of big inch motors out there going cheap so I can build a real bike with one!

·
TI_Tuesday
1,444 Posts
I've been watching this stuff as well. The long billet bikes are really taking a beating. Search on closed eBay aucitons and the majority of the over $20K bikes have no bids or the reserve was not met. Don't know if this link will work but check it:
http://motors.search-completed.ebay.com/chopper_W0QQa10238ZQ2d24QQa39ZQ2d24QQa41ZQ2d24QQalistZa39Q2ca41Q2ca38v1yQ2ca38v2yQ2ca10238Q2ca3801Q2ca85Q2ca10246QQfclZ3QQfisZ2QQfposZ20191QQfrppZ200QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ3QQgcsZ14QQpf_queryZchopperQQpfidZ2469QQsacatZQ2d100QQsadisZ500QQsofindtypeZ22QQsofocusZpf

I wish these people no misfortune but they will lose at least 30% and that would be in the middle of the summer. Throw in snow and look out.

·
Banned
2,854 Posts
In high school (late sixties), I didn't get any respect from the "yuppies in training"....cuz I loved wheeled stuff. Those assholes now think they can belong to something by purchasing a pos HD clone, or getting a tattoo.....they can still go fuck themselves. :p

·
Registered
135 Posts
I try to avoid that place all together anymore, everytime I go there I start a huge argument.... Go Figure. Clubshopper it is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts