Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

introduced myself once a ways back when I picked up a 67 Beezer frame, but sort of dropped the project as I had a couple others that were closer, and well, the BSA was a bit of a monster.

Fast forward to tonight.

Picked up a T120r with bolt on hard tail, and the engine case number is a mystery to me.

The frame no. starts with "JD" and ends with "t120r" so best I can figure that's Aug '70, US Export T120.

Motor is different. It is stamped "ID 60633 COLO".

I can't seem to find any reference to a motor number that starts with "I".

So not matching engine and cases - but curious to see what the motor is from.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hi There ! What does it say on the side of the cases,just below the barrel flange (left hand side as you sit on the bike ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is nothing there.

I am wondering if this may be a situation where someone built the motor from spare cases from a dealer.

The engine number seems like it may have been assigned by the state as it seems pretty coincidental I am in Colorado and the letters COLO are stamped (by hand) in the cases.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Wow that makes life more difficult. Looks like someone went to town polishing those cases.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow that makes life more difficult. Looks like someone went to town polishing those cases.
...yeah they did.

BTW - just noticed you're out of Abingdon. Years ago I lived in London and worked for a construction company out of Abingdon. I confess I don't remember the old man's name, but my foreman was a cigar smoking hard ass called Paul Canon (who was actually a quite decent chap).

Small world...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Certainly is ! Most people know Abingdon as the home of MG cars. Factory is gone now,just like Meriden, Coventry where your Triumph was made. Strange tho', was at a vintage bike run on the south coast this w/end , and there were heaps of sweet running Triumphs-proves quality parts can still be had !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts