Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am getting real close to riding my Ironhead chop. I got it down off the lift today. All I need to do is get a few sealer washers for the banjo's then fill and bleed my brakes. I am just getting it ridable for the time being. Figure do a shakedown over the next month or so before it get to cold to ride, then tear it down for powder coat, and paint. Thanks to all that have got me to this point.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Awesome! I like the peak on the tank. Did something similar to my ironhead sporty tank. All around a very nice chop man. Bet the those fish tails sound great.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Very nice! It's refreshing to see simple, tasteful styling that doesn't attempt to turn every part into something that's never been done before just for the sake of "different".

Bob

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice! How do you have the rear fender mounted?
I have it mounted in the center off the upper and lower cross members. I have attached pictures to show what i mean. Then off the sissy bar.

So i want to point out that I really love the ACME hardtail. Those guys are fucking awesome, if you are thinking about anything from them it is top notch and they are great guys.

Thanks for all the kind words. This is my first build and I am just building what I think it cool. If you all think it is cool too then right on. I cant wait till it is "finished."

Calicruiser, I might be hitting you up pretty soon for some paint. I really like all your work.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I like the bike,but what's all this too cold to ride shit?lol.
Speaking of too cold to ride... I gotta tell you, as I got older my knees and hip would REALLY kill me in cold weather. But last year I bought one of those Gerbing electric suits and gloves. What a treat!

Call me what you want, but when the temps are below 40, this suit is great. I've ridden with temps in TEENS without a problem. Except for my feet, but they sell insoles too. Maybe this year.

Sorry, I digress... That's a good looking Sportster.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Nice clean, restrained, well balanced bike.

You said you have a hardtail from Acme? Is that a special-order item from them? I can only find complete frames on their website......

cheers
Bret

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So yeah I am a fucking panzy and don't like to ride when temps are below 50.

So the "hardtail" is a special order. I really love they loop tail frame but wanted to keep my numbers. So I called them up and told them what is was thinking and they hooked me up. It was about double the price as buying a weld on but well worth it in my opinion. I really like the look and I know it is professional done and will not fail.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.