Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright, i thought id post a little intro so here goes:
My name is Stephen Murdock, i just turned 15 years and i live in Inver Grove Heights, MN... about 20 min outside of the twin cities. Ive been into vintage dirtbikes since i was 11. I currently own a 74 and 75 hodaka road toad 100 and a 72 wombat 125... i also have lots of parts, mainly for model 03 wombats so if you need anything pm me and we will see about it. Ive done full restorations on bikes before so im thinking about starting on my first build up... i would like to have a triumph 650 bobber done for when im 16. So far i started collecting parts last weekend.. all i have is a 34 ford sparetire cover/fender and a model a tailight. lol. Thats about it, i look forward to learning alot from this board.
Thanks
Stephen

·
Registered
377 Posts
pyro said:
Allright, i thought id post a little intro so here goes:
My name is Stephen Murdock, i just turned 15 years and i live in Inver Grove Heights, MN... about 20 min outside of the twin cities. Ive been into vintage dirtbikes since i was 11. I currently own a 74 and 75 hodaka road toad 100 and a 72 wombat 125... i also have lots of parts, mainly for model 03 wombats so if you need anything pm me and we will see about it. Ive done full restorations on bikes before so im thinking about starting on my first build up... i would like to have a triumph 650 bobber done for when im 16. So far i started collecting parts last weekend.. all i have is a 34 ford sparetire cover/fender and a model a tailight. lol. Thats about it, i look forward to learning alot from this board.
Thanks
Stephen
Welcome, it's cool your getting a young start. Keep us posted when you score a frame and engine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jabber said:
Welcome, it's cool your getting a young start. Keep us posted when you score a frame and engine.
Yeah, ill be sure to, for a frame all i have around here is a 76 wombat 125 frame and ive heard about them holding up with 500cc engines in them but im thinking a 650cc is a stretch. Any feed back?? is it possible.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
pyro said:
Yeah, ill be sure to, for a frame all i have around here is a 76 wombat 125 frame and ive heard about them holding up with 500cc engines in them but im thinking a 650cc is a stretch. Any feed back?? is it possible.
The Frame from that little 125 might not stand up to a 650. But good luck with it if you go that way. But if you do go with a triumph frame and motor try to make sure the numbers match ul save yourself a HELL OF A HEAD ACHE in the end.

:) Good luck

·
Registered
377 Posts
pyro said:
Anything is possible, it's metal, The question is, is it worth it. You can pick up a triumph frame for a couple hunded bucks. Your best bet would be getting a semi-complete basket. I paid $900 for my basket, but it had a complete engine, frame, wheels, frontend and tank, I sold most of the original stuff like fenders and lights to get parts....So it works out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts