Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new here. I came across this website because I am looking to rebuild my pan. I have a 1950 Panhead chopper with a girder front end. Unfortunatley the rake is a bit much for my 5'2" self, so I would like to make it a bobber similiar to the a 60's style. So I am off to find a thread where someone can help me. Thanks!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Chicago, welcome. What you're wanting to do is possible but it's going to take a lot of work to that frame and the front end isn't going to work for you when you derake. You might be better off looking into putting the drivetrain and everything else into a different frame/front end to get you where you want to go. This assumes you're not titled to the frame of course. It'll save you a ton of cash doing it this way versus fixing frame and forks to fit.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's what I was planning. I started a thread about this. All input is welcome. I have a few buddies here that will help with this & that but I'm not too bad at turning a wrench myself.

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
Wellcome to the Board!!

You will find a Plethora of knowledge here!!

Good start on the drive train, def get a better frame and you will like the Hydrglide, rides super smooth.

Now some pics of your self as well!!

....Roach.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Have you considered simply putting pull-back bars on it, or even drag bars with long set-backs??

You'd be able to reach 'em a whole lot easier, and you wouldn't loose the integrity of the original bike.

just a thought.

Welcome to the Asylum!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.