Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Holy crap, I haven't heard John Buttera's name since the last century. Hope someone has some shots of the bike. He used to be the Chip Foose of street rods.

·
Registered
962 Posts
noboD said:
Holy crap, I haven't heard John Buttera's name since the last century. Hope someone has some shots of the bike. He used to be the Chip Foose of street rods.
Are we talking the same "Lil" John Buttera?

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
How can you guys cuss billet and like Buttera? He is one of the fathers of billet parts. (Just stirring the pot).

He's a custom Harley builder too, isn't he? Yes,I'd like to see the Triumph.

BTW He built the best looking funny cars in dragracing before he quit and started doing streetrods. They were close to being art too.

·
Registered
607 Posts
There is a difference between the lightweight ONE-OFF parts that Lil' John Buttera made on the Bridgeport and the mass-produced fat billet parts that appear on the electric windowed, automatic transmissioned, pastel repro-rods that make us all sick.

Lil' John did COOL shit like putting Jaguar IRS with inboard discs under the back of a Model T, not stuffing a Lexus v-8 engine that looks like a suitcase or a PC hard drive into the front of Ford repro-rod.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I don't think that anything has been done on that Triumph in a long time.

One of the most talented persons to ever pick up a wrench. The shit he builds may not be everyones cup of tea, but not too many people could (or would) go to the extremes he will to make something the way he wants it. Thats how he invented the billet wheel, he didn't like any wheel styles available, so he bought some wheel halves from centerline and made his own centers on his bridgeport. He builds all this shit in his garage, just like everyone else.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts