Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wanna convert this 1984 rigid with a 1999 transmission to jockey shift, was told the old flat heads had a heel/toe style clutch, can this be adapted to work on my 4speed style frame? or does anyone have a better idea.....

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Using one of my favorite sayings, I say this....anything, can be made to fit anything with some brainwork and a set of torches and welders. But to be more specific, you will need to buy a special setup, for the newer trans, since it is cable operated. Or you can make your own. The suicide clutch pedal setup may be converted to use with a cable, but that is where the torches and welders(not that you will really need them) will come in handy. I have constructed a few "cable" operated transmissions to a regular foot clutch before, and they make kits(get your pocketbook ready for a hit, cause they can get a little pricy) that bolt right on. I am sure that some on here, will offer some photos of the kits, and/or some they have custom made. I have never taken any photos of the ones I have done, so I have no photos to share. It CAN be done.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Fab Kevin makes this kit, I'm sure he could configure something for your specific needs.

Foot Clutch Cable Kit

Have you wanted to Jockey shift your 4 speed electric start bike, but couldn't figure out a reliable way to make the cable work?? Here's your answer! This kit includes a premium cable made especially for me, by a major USA cable manufacturer (no cheap imports here!).

Here's how the kit works: you send me your left side foot control. I alter the lever that the shift linkage normally attaches to, and ship you back a system ready to bolt in place that is reliable and SMOOTH. I prefer to sell this kit by phone, so I can discuss the bike with the owner and avoid any unnecessary delays. Turnaround time is normally 1 week from the time I get your foot control, until I ship all of the components back to you to install. Installation is so easy, even Mikey could do it.

Pricing: $155.00 plus 15.00 shipping.

Note: If extra quick turn around time is needed, a premium charge may apply, as well as increased shipping costs for next day air, etc.

Foot Clutch Cable Kit

$155.00
plus $13 shipping

1 - 5 of 5 Posts