Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody ever used a line lock on a rear brake only? was thinking i could install it on the rear brake line and put the button on the shifter, I'm old and my feet arent as fast as they used to be lol

·
Registered
916 Posts
Damn I sure miss "Dragon" on these threads....

I haven't used one but heard of a few who have, I dont know about it helping with slow feet but you will get relief once you set the brake to hold at a stop.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
been riding this same bike for near 15 years, just got back from tenn and did'nt have any issues was just thinking it may make the hill holds abit easier, im 64 now, not a need just wondering if anyone had done it and if it works...

·
Registered
887 Posts
It's been covered afew times on here before. The search function will show you exactly how many times.

Personally, I'd be affraid of hitting the line lock button while trying to shift

Sixball

·
Registered
630 Posts
Not sure what rear brake you using but several bike have been built using hand master cylinder fo rear brak even some using both, seems the hot setup in Japan is using 2 calipers and pluming each one up separately Hope this is helpful

·
Registered
439 Posts
just an idea but how about a hand control rear brake on the bars? maybe there is a way to split the line with a T and run a foot and hand brake? it might be cool actually and solve the hill problem for sure

·
Registered
887 Posts
yea i know, put on a front brake! (-: o i would but its a 40 over and front brakes don't work super well out there.
And if your just needing it as a "hill holder" what difference does the rake matter when simply holding the front wheel from mooving on a hill?

Standing still, a hydraulic brake is still going to squeeze the rotor enough to satisfy your intended pupose

Sixball

·
Registered
978 Posts
Is a front brake really that much of an abomination, especially when it would make your life easier?
c'mon, Doc....you know front brakes aren't cool!!!

why else would I run duallys???? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Personally, I'd be affraid of hitting the line lock button while trying to shift

Sixball
Wouldn't matter. The line-lock doesn't apply the brake, it's just a solenoid that closes so that once you've applied the brake it will hold the line pressure to the caliper or wheel cylinder when you get off the pedal.

·
Premium Member
6,351 Posts
why else would I run duallys???? :rolleyes:
Just means you're twice as uncool!

I understand the whole spool/clean bars thing but you know what?

Nobody else gives a shit.

Nobody is going to laugh at a guy who's riding jockey and has a front brake. I've never heard anyone say to me or anyone else "Yeah, the bike is nice and all, but you know what would really be cool? If it had no front brake."

Again, if it's difficult or a pain in the ass, why do it?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I get the front brake, sorry abit of a story behind this bike and the man that left it to me when he passed, i cant even bear to repaint it...while yes common sense says add a front brake my buddy built her this way and until i pass it on to someone that's how she stays. The search function turned up some discussion on the idea but nothing i found with actual results, back to original plans and a t and bar mount as well...

1 - 20 of 67 Posts