Jockey Journal Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw on the suggestion section that panhead_pete suggested stickers or shirts for JJ members so that we could identify ourselves when we go to gatherings. I found a website where I can make some stuff and it could be bought online at that website.
How many people would be interested in this? If anyone is interested, I could setup a "shop" thru their website and then post the link on here. I would, of course, take no royalties on what everyone bought as the images would come from here.

·
Registered
380 Posts
i would def be down. maybe with a logo on the back and there name from the journal on the front left side?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Aha, the thread that spurred the logo contest thread ... prematurely
Very intriguing idea, forum monikers on patches, t-shirts and other mass marketed items.
I happen to be a freelance illustrator and think there's something to this ... now to find the interest

·
Registered
185 Posts
I would be interested- both in the contest and the ultimate patch/ product. Why dont we set some ground rules, determine a submission period (say 2 months) and then have a deadline? At the deadline, a panel of 3 members picks out the best 10 or so and then we can use something like Surveymonkey (or this forum- I believe it has a voting feature) to have the JJers decide... If no one else wants to organize, I might volunteer. Thoughts?

Edit: I saw the other thread started awhile ago (few years?) by Ryan the Admin. Seems the logo contest was bounced around and then died. I suspect it just needs someone to do all the grunt work. Just because it died once doesnt mean its dead forever... right? Also, agreed that the typography on the web banner is pretty sweet. Ideally, it would be incorporated into the final design. Anyway, just my two cents. I am still a junior JUNIOR member so maybe some of the senior members should chime in...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good idea Buddha, but I am waiting for the blessing of the owners. I apologize for the early start on this, but I have a nasty habit of being more of a doer than thinker sometimes. When I get news on it, I will update .

·
Registered
157 Posts
Just a suggestion: maybe in light of the fact that the last contest went nowheres that someone just do somethin simple (I kinda dig the logo as is or a JJ) and put out some stickers or maybe a hat.

Then again, with winter comin and all, a project ain't a bad idea. I just can't draw for shit.

Know what? I'm gonna shut up now. Just put me down for one of each. Black please. XL.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I was just thinking about that yesterday. I would love a T-shirt and a sticker for my panhead's oil tank. This has been discussed before.

·
Administrator
7,824 Posts
I was just thinking about that yesterday. I would love a T-shirt and a sticker for my panhead's oil tank. This has been discussed before.
Same here, T-shirts and stickers would be cool.

This has been discussed before, but it would be great if this could materialize now.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.