Jockey Journal Forum banner

jim reed new to journal

589 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  reedspeed 
#1 ·
Been building cafe racer, road racer and land speed bikes since 1967. Closed my business in Dec. 2021 and moved up into the Western North Carolina Appalachians. Still have my shop but not open to walk in customers. I just build what I like and then offer them for sale. Current bikes are a 1946 Panther Model 70 350cc being supercharged to run at Bonneville in A-350BF class, 1974 Can Am MX 250 being modified to run in AHRMA vintage road racing, 1969 stock unrestored BSA 650 Thunderbolt my daily ride, 1970 Yamaha R-5 350 with fully TZ-350G modified engine, raked, stretched and lowered frame. Will run with AMA at Bonneville for the first time this year in the A-350G class. Last a 1980 GS-750 cafe racer/vintage superbike racer. All the cafe racers I've build are essentially vintage race bikes with lights, horn and mufflers.

#3 ·
Thanks for the interest. Given the Journal's focus photos of Jap bikes would be inappropriate.
The BSA is just a stock originaln with 6200 miles. The Panther is under construction not much worth taking photos. Check out my web site. reedspeedcaferacers.com Have not updated since I moved to the mountains but you might find it interesting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.