Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Jake and I live in Seattle. My spelling sucks.

My first build shown below is a 96 XL motor in a modified Paughco frame. I had a bunch of help. I cannot weld and wiring scares me. The ass end has been extended three inches to increase the ground clearence. The whole deal took about a year and I really enjoyed it. The tank shown is an interim deal. The real tank has been at the painters for way to long. The bike is light, fast, and fun to ride.

My second project is a 1963 Matchless G12CS. This is my first british bike and it will be a caffeinated rider. I have been collecting parts for about three months now and love learning about all the period bits of kit out there. The bike was cheap. Cool and exotic parts are expensive. I will be posting update pics on this project as progress is made.

Here are the pics.....I hope.....

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Very nice man.
I cant weld worth a crap either, but I can screw it up until it works!
Wiring im not too bad at, been in avionics for 10 years. Sometimes I can help, sometimes I cant. Im pretty decent with a diagram though.
Are you going to restore the Matchless or chop it?

·
Registered
617 Posts
welcome. nice bikes. I like what you've done with the engine on the Sporty. I heard some guys talking on another thread about removing the "unnecessary" metal from around the oil pump; this example looks real nice. It's a tough looking bike.

mitch

·
Registered
174 Posts
That's one of the only evo sportys I've seen that looks good. Good work.

And I'll buy that tank off you when your real one comes in.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Jakemon Intro....

Very nice man.
I cant weld worth a crap either, but I can screw it up until it works!
Wiring im not too bad at, been in avionics for 10 years. Sometimes I can help, sometimes I cant. Im pretty decent with a diagram though.
Are you going to restore the Matchless or chop it?
The Matchless is going to be a coffe shop bike. I have a Betor front end with Rickman trees, Grimeca front brake, Magura clip-ons, tommasselli controls, etc... The sheet metal will get freshened up as well as the motor.
Jakemon

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Jakemon Intro....

Welcome, Cool sportster, is that frame ceramic coated?

Yes sir, it is indeed ceramic coated. I had my buddy lay on some thick TIG welds over the buggered Paughco welds to give the frame that aluminum BMX look. The stuff is tuff as nails. Just hit it with Mothers and it looks good as new.
Jakemon

·
Registered
174 Posts
Jakemon said:
My name is Jake and I live in Seattle. My spelling sucks.

Hey there Jakemon,
Surprised it took you so long!! Bikes looking neat as always

1 - 11 of 11 Posts