Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Tiny Member
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PS- I'm pretty sure I've posted this exact thread before...but man, what a change. Worth the new people seeing.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Are those the Dogbone risers that were for sale on the board?? I couldnt picture them on a bike... but I like em alot!

P.s. That bike is amazing. I just got sidetracked by the risers.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Tony Bones said:
Mike did okay, real okay.
That looks exactly like a bike Clay Johnson and William Vandiver built a few years ago.......

I could be wrong but I doubt it......

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
looks like a regular 3 gallon pauchgo style with teh sides inverted....

i really dig both ways, but honestly i like the beach comber bar style more, except the risers and fender i think that ROCKS!, and since ive seen lots of pics of that bike i assume that is a before

·
motorcycle enthusiast
2,656 Posts
Mike V said:
That looks exactly like a bike Clay Johnson and William Vandiver built a few years ago.......

I could be wrong but I doubt it......
It was in the Horse magazine a few years ago in it's original style that Tony posted in the attachment there . I forget the names of the guys that built it , but it was pretty solid to begin with . A great platform for me to butcher :)

The tank is an old Wassel tank and I WISH it held 3 gallons . It is about 1.75 gallons at best . And IMO , those bars sucked . It was like pretending to be an airplane when your a little kid , running down the street with your arms spread open only you are bent over at the waist . Even with my long arms it was really uncomfortable .

Regardless , thanks for the nice comments . . . I still need to paint it but with all the chrome done and all the stuff I had to make , I think it's going to be pretty neat whan I'm done with it .

·
Registered
636 Posts
=mike= said:
The tank is an old Wassel tank and I WISH it held 3 gallons .
Thanks Mike. Apart from your sides beein inverted, could this be the same? Found the pic on a Japanese site, they call it "Banana" or "long peanut"... Looks good I think, anyone knows when they were made?

Attachments

·
motorcycle enthusiast
2,656 Posts
could be . . . it is similar . I guess the guys that made my tank had damage on one side and cut it out to fix it , but then decided to flip it in like it is . . . neat trick .

·
Tiny Member
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
epinut said:
Thanks Mike. Apart from your sides beein inverted, could this be the same? Found the pic on a Japanese site, they call it "Banana" or "long peanut"... Looks good I think, anyone knows when they were made?
The bananas were a factory HD tank from the 70's, I think.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I have always liked it and dig the current set up - well done. And thanks for taking off the drive-in movie air cleaner.

·
Registered
411 Posts
=mike= said:
It was in the Horse magazine a few years ago in it's original style that Tony posted in the attachment there . I forget the names of the guys that built it , but it was pretty solid to begin with . A great platform for me to butcher :)

The tank is an old Wassel tank and I WISH it held 3 gallons . It is about 1.75 gallons at best . And IMO , those bars sucked . It was like pretending to be an airplane when your a little kid , running down the street with your arms spread open only you are bent over at the waist . Even with my long arms it was really uncomfortable .

Regardless , thanks for the nice comments . . . I still need to paint it but with all the chrome done and all the stuff I had to make , I think it's going to be pretty neat whan I'm done with it .
Man I tell ya Mike....I miss that bike, but you have done it proud......it is now what it always should have been.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts