Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i finally started on the new bike. as you can see its almost done... its a paughco wishbone frame and stock length springer. motor is a 96" evo - should be big power though.

i scored some brake parts off of a CBR 600RR on ebay, i got so tired of screwing with the crap that the v-twin catalogs peddle. my other bike won't stop until i hit something (all GMA stuff) so i vowed to change that this time.

i plan to build my own oil tank, probably stainless. watch this space for either Ti or inconel exhaust too. i've got Titanium on order for the footboards and fender mounts (sheet style with plenty of holes). apparently the airbus corporation (france) has secured almost 100% of the non-military Ti for 2006 due to their new supersized passenger plane. I'll keep updates rolling along, oh yeah, can i be a sinner now? go ahead - make fun of the garfield clock!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HeX said:
Where are you in relation to Raleigh? Kinda new to the state so I'm not clear on where everything is.......................
15 miles north of charlotte. big swapmeet this next weekend here right off of 77 freeway exit 16. drop me a line if you are coming down.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Scorcher said:
I think your going to need shorter forks..........

-Jason
Same oppinion here Jason...that frame is gonna sit pretty high in front once you got your axle and wheel between the rockers...3° raked bearing cups will help a little but not enough...(not thinking about the slightly different look your bike will get...)

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Or you are planning to rake the frame..because I see that orange angle meter on the lift table at your front wheel..!! :D

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah i'm not so sure paughco sent me the correct length springer. i ordered a 30 deg frame with no stretch and a std length springer. i know the motor will be heavy by the time i put it all together but not heavy enough to compress the springs far enough to sit level.

is a typical setup with 30 deg rake to run shortened front forks?

rather than keep the tape maybe i'll paint it that color? sweet.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
stolenmojo said:
yeah i'm not so sure paughco sent me the correct length springer. i ordered a 30 deg frame with no stretch and a std length springer. i know the motor will be heavy by the time i put it all together but not heavy enough to compress the springs far enough to sit level.

is a typical setup with 30 deg rake to run shortened front forks?

rather than keep the tape maybe i'll paint it that color? sweet.
You need their 2" Under springer to get it closer to level. The engine in the bike will do absolutely nothing to compress the springer.

-Jason

·
Registered
591 Posts
Lookin' good! So then, do I get to paint that thing? How come nobody lets me paint stuff? What? is it the money? The subject matter? I think a naked Pam Greer surrounded by cherubs with AKs in candy metalflake on a 250 horse Hyabusa is neato. So that's WRONG then? I'm so confused. Say, my mailbox is empty.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Conder said:
Lookin' good! So then, do I get to paint that thing? How come nobody lets me paint stuff? What? is it the money? The subject matter? I think a naked Pam Greer surrounded by cherubs with AKs in candy metalflake on a 250 horse Hyabusa is neato. So that's WRONG then? I'm so confused. Say, my mailbox is empty.
Mailbox empty..? Sure..? ...:D

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i can't fit the 'busa motor into the frame timmy! but i'd love to have a naked pam greer with all the accoutrements..... conversation starter at the very least.

you're kidding about your mailbox right? i boxed that up a few weeks ago. i'll find it.

by the way, that thing looks killer from halibrand. i could never convince myself how to get the webbing right between the sprocket bolt pattern and the wheel bolt pattern. they did a nice job. hope that thing takes off. who's bike was that with the weld draglite on the back? my dream was a current funny car front wheel and tire powdercoated B-LACK.

Brandon

1 - 15 of 15 Posts