Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been working again !!! getting ready to move again?? found a nice cheap place. well i re routed the pipes so they wont scrape will tig tomarrow. made some heavy duty rear motor mounts outa 1/4 plate and hooked up the jockey shift. Also drilled the frame and welded in bungs for the gas tank all mounted up tight

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
-GOD-of-RUST- said:
been working again !!! getting ready to move again?? found a nice cheap place. well i re routed the pipes so they wont scrape will tig tomarrow. made some heavy duty rear motor mounts outa 1/4 plate and hooked up the jockey shift. Also drilled the frame and welded in bungs for the gas tank all mounted up tight
Hell yeah,looks good.Nice bike dude.Pipes look nice.What is the frame in front of the trump?Buildin a hot rod?Just curious.I am building a RPU this winter.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FHP said:
Hell yeah,looks good.Nice bike dude.Pipes look nice.What is the frame in front of the trump?Buildin a hot rod?Just curious.I am building a RPU this winter.
yeah I am building a 1932 ford pickup and a few others i built a rp/u 2 yrs ago here is a pic

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
is that a 6" extended rear section? i've been trying to descide on if i want to go 4" or 6" and what drop. was thinking a 4" with 2" drop but if that's a 6" with 2 drop it looks good.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pre-unit said:
is that a 6" extended rear section? i've been trying to descide on if i want to go 4" or 6" and what drop. was thinking a 4" with 2" drop but if that's a 6" with 2 drop it looks good.
4 and 2

·
Registered
149 Posts
heyitsnate said:
i never understood mounting a hand shifter off the foot shift lever? jockey shifts are cool because they clean up the bars...foot clutch /left side shift is the way to go.and is that a lokar shifter?mmmmkay.
why would foot clutch left side shift make cleaner bars than foot clutch and right side shift?

·
Registered
710 Posts
let me re-phrase.hats off to him if he hooks up a foot clutch on the strength.most people that run this shifter setup keep the clutch on the bars.even if he does hook up a foot clutch,he still must remove his hand from the throttle to shift,so i believe in the left side shift .i also think a giant stick on the side of a bike with such nice lines seems like an injustice.just my 2 bits.

·
Registered
149 Posts
heyitsnate said:
let me re-phrase.hats off to him if he hooks up a foot clutch on the strength.most people that run this shifter setup keep the clutch on the bars.even if he does hook up a foot clutch,he still must remove his hand from the throttle to shift,so i believe in the left side shift .i also think a giant stick on the side of a bike with such nice lines seems like an injustice.just my 2 bits.
dude I agree with all that just not with the previous post.

·
Registered
944 Posts
The shifting mechanism is pretty puny on the Triumph, that amount of leverage over rough roads/railroad tracks will certanly screw it up.

I'm a big believer in putting some kind of midway pivot to take the weight off the shifter shaft, and if you're going to do that, why not reroute it to the left side?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah its your brothers lokar shifter LOL I am gonna be runnin forward controls and the clutch is stayin on the bars just gotta figure out how the shifter is gonna go around the mag. that beezer you got Nate looks like a huge challenge.Are you gonna build it or is Kyle ?? Cant wait to see how it comes along. And thanks for the feed back you are right on the shifter flops around like a bouncie doll in the back seat of my buddie Daves 48 poncho

·
Registered
710 Posts
-GOD-of-RUST- said:
Yeah its your brothers lokar shifter LOL I am gonna be runnin forward controls and the clutch is stayin on the bars just gotta figure out how the shifter is gonna go around the mag. that beezer you got Nate looks like a huge challenge.Are you gonna build it or is Kyle ?? Cant wait to see how it comes along. And thanks for the feed back you are right on the shifter flops around like a bouncie doll in the back seat of my buddie Daves 48 poncho
kyle's helping me with the frame graft.everything else is me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
saltflataddict said:
oh, this is Slazzen, nice bike looks good so far.
thanks man you salt lake guys have some sick rides yourselves I saw your stuff first like 3 yrs ago in Tacoma at Dales show they kick ass I think loudpedal won best of show. Nate beezers are very kool I cant wait it should be a great build to watch. What front end you goin with ???

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the painting on the tank is classic I will get a close up. its a big titted hippy chick with a joint in her mouth and she is surrounded in pot leaves dated 70 somethin signed Moon

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
-GOD-of-RUST- said:
the painting on the tank is classic I will get a close up. its a big titted hippy chick with a joint in her mouth and she is surrounded in pot leaves dated 70 somethin signed Moon
you gonna keep it or paint over it ? i had a 45 solo bobber in the early 70's with a sportster tank on it. it had a zig zag man painted on each side of the tank and on the top it had "The Roach" painted in smokey letters coming off a roach. of course i never inhaled (or is that i never exhaled) :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lilbill said:
you gonna keep it or paint over it ? i had a 45 solo bobber in the early 70's with a sportster tank on it. it had a zig zag man painted on each side of the tank and on the top it had "The Roach" painted in smokey letters coming off a roach. of course i never inhaled (or is that i never exhaled) :)
keepin it for now i posted a update thread with a close up

1 - 20 of 20 Posts