Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh Yeeeaaahhhh...... The XS project lives! Spent many hours beating my head against the wall known as wiring...WAY over thought it. Needless to say, I had it. Took a break and my boy T sat down, took it apart and started over again..and they had spark. I knew it was something simple, turned out I had one wire wrong, supposed to be black w/ white and I had the white w/ black in its spot. Needless to say I felt pretty stupid, but sometimes it just takes a fresh perspective on something. Starts w/ choke on 1 kick, hell, more like half a kick.. Let in run for a few secs, choke off, and she just purrs.. Pipes sound pretty cool too..I have about a 2" chunk of baffle that came outta something tacked into the ends and it kills the really rippy tone that an XS can have, instead giving it more of a growl.. Im really stoked cause I had no idea how the pipes were gonna work out at all..suprisingly it runs just a tad rich, which I can live with, and I only have like two very little exhaust leaks in my welds.. Think I should take the time to find em and fill them, or just wrap the pipes as is and go on my merry way? Anyway, enough rambling, just really happy this morning..
XCS

·
Registered
148 Posts
Congrats, Cabbie!
Did you get to ride around the block or are you still working on controls/ chain and stuff?
Either way, congrats on wrapping up the wiring.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nappy said:
Congrats, Cabbie!
Did you get to ride around the block or are you still working on controls/ chain and stuff?
Either way, congrats on wrapping up the wiring.
Thanks Nap! Well, I have everything else done, chain, controls, etc..Just need to run the wiring for the lights and brake switches now. Very simple stuff there. Unfortunately, no ride yet as I didnt really have everything tightened, and lets just say a few things fell off while idleing:D . Memo to self...pick up more locktite.. WILL be done on Friday for sure. Im going to ride it as is for now, and then once it gets too nasty in the Mtns to ride, Ill go ahead and clean up the welds, and whatnot, and then paint up the tail of the frame. Pretty damn stoked..
XCS

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Congrats man!
That's so fuckin cool.......
Another "deadline" huh?
I promise I won't hump your leg about pictures this time!
:D

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ed said:
Get it going and I'll race you on Happy Creak road.:p
Ed, I live right off happy creek! Well, down a road off HC.. and um, as far as a race goes..get a couple of big wheels and you are on!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Richie said:
Congrats man!
That's so fuckin cool.......
Another "deadline" huh?
I promise I won't hump your leg about pictures this time!
:D
Thanks Richie! Whadda ya mean? Did I miss a deadline somewhere?:rolleyes: .. This one is actually achievable though..not that the others werent, but It wasnt my fault...You see there was this bright light in the sky..., no, wait, there was a huge explosion and I had to go save people/property...ahh hell, I just need to lay off the deadlines..
XCS

·
TI_Tuesday
1,444 Posts
XCabbieS said:
Ed, I live right off happy creek! Well, down a road off HC.. and um, as far as a race goes..get a couple of big wheels and you are on!
My bro just bought his girl a Green Machine.

We could drag race on I66. There's that one bridge before exit #6 that's 1/4 mile!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ed said:
My bro just bought his girl a Green Machine.

We could drag race on I66. There's that one bridge before exit #6 that's 1/4 mile!
Ahhhh, the green Machine. I had one and loved it..Id do doughnuts arount the big wheel kids..I just cant fit on one anymore:( ..
Hmmm Drag huh? Me thinks you would whoop my ass there too...No, you would definately whoop my ass!
XCS

1 - 11 of 11 Posts