Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
166 Posts
great bikes....gobs of aftermarket parts available and plenty of internet support

if you do get it and it still has the original fuse panel under the seat, get rid of it and replace it with any generic auto parts store one

go to this link http://www.yamaha650society.com/Buyers%20Guide.htm

it's a pretty good XS650 buyers guide...

· Registered
166 Posts
what I think is the coolest thing about the XS650's is they are a blank canvas...they make killer chops, bobbers, cafe's, street trackers, daily commuters, slap on a full fairing and some bags and you have a decent touring bike....they have a legit racing petigree ("King" Kenny Roberts) so go-fast stuff is still readily available...the engines are bone simple to work on....once you learn the ins and outs of what to look for, the possibilities are endless. There are so many websites full of info and support you can't go wrong

you could make the argument they are "Everyman's" bike...I'm sorry I had to sell all mine ( Good luck XCabbieS ! ! ! )

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.