Jockey Journal Forum banner

Is this T120 worth anything, and identification of parts in a pile

9K views 67 replies 26 participants last post by  rockett 
#1 · (Edited)
Ran across this in a storage unit. Guy told me 600 bucks gets all the parts.

Not sure how much of it is actually legit british parts, and I am not sure what that frame is.

Can some british bike experts weigh in on this one? I'm not afraid of work, but I've never had a Triumph, and I don't want to get into something that's not worth the cash. I'd really like one, but want to be smart about it.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Re: Is this T120 worth 600 bucks, and identification of parts in a pile

Wow! what a great description, is it a bike or an engine, ether way the answer likely is yes.
but it is like saying... is a Harley worth $600?.... knowing that Harley also sold little 2 stroke mini bikes.

#3 · (Edited)

Sorry for the lack of description! Did the pictures show up? Everything bike-related in the pictures goes for $600. That frame and motor parts, tank, wheels, fender, etc. I just don't know if those parts look original or not, and what that rigid frame might be. It looks like someone was going to 'bob' it, and never finished. The tanks look like fatbobs? And the rims don't look right. Obviously that frame isn't the stock T120 frame. Bars? Forks? Pipes? Headlight? No clue. I know I'm showing my ignorance here, but I really don't know anything about Trumps other than what I read on this forum.

If I bought it, I'd like to use almost all original parts, and build it on that rigid frame.

#4 ·

No pictures are showing up, but like Tony said, most likely, a frame motor, tank, wheels, fender, etc would be worth more than $600. Happen to know what year it is? Unit or pre unit?

#7 ·

It's worth the money buy it!

#8 ·

Ok. I'm going out this afternoon, if the frame and motor haven't been wrecked, I'll almost certainly buy it. That's what I was leaning towards anyway, just wanted to make sure that I wasn't trigger happy.

#22 ·

Put the Bates seat on eBay Japan and you'll make your $500 back.
i was waiting for the word bates to show up...lol....i like running cheap seats....that way when i park my bike somewhere, at least i'd know the seat would still be there if the bike was stolen...lol...buy it, sell the seat and enjoy your next-to-free parts pile....

#11 · (Edited)

Wait... Is that a bates? That's not the more popular smaller one, but is it a bates? I might have to run out there sooner, instead of waiting until tonight. Haha. =P

And yeah, if I get out there and it's not totally trashed/twisted up, I'll post up numbers and detailed pix tonight.

#15 ·

I am with the guys...I would pay $600 for the pile...you could easily make your money back plus if you had to part the stuff out....
See if the motors rotate...offer 5 see if he bites....Benjamins talk a lot if you bring them!

#17 ·

Thanks Benway. Even if it's a homebuilt goofball seat, the rest of it seems to be worth the money. I'm going to go check it out in a few hours, and try to see if I can find out what the frame is.

The story is that they guy bought the unit at an auction for some electronics and other gadgets in there, and wants this 'motorcycle junk' out of it.

#23 ·

I can't quit staring at the frame. It's got a single down tube... Is it possible that it's a bonnie loop that's had a hardtail welded on?
That's what it looks like to me. That's a great deal IMHO. I would love to stumble across that lot of parts for that price. Good luck:)
Cheers, Dan.

#25 ·

actually it's only worth about $300 but because I don't want to see you get burned on a bunch of British junk I'm gonna give you back the $600 you spent for it.
and let that be a lesson to you, I can't be here to save your ass all the time.

#26 ·

if you don't know anything about british bikes you might end up spending alot to have someone do work for you or you will have to spend time researching so you can do it your self, but thats just my opinion

#27 ·

if you don't know anything about british bikes you might end up spending alot to have someone do work for you or you will have to spend time researching so you can do it your self, but thats just my opinion
He's right I'll give you seven!! And you can keep the seat!:D

#29 · (Edited)

Well, friends, for $580 I came home with a bonnie loop, bolt on hardtail, complete motor and pipes, trump rims, a spare HD rim (I think) a complete spare motor... both motors freespin and don't feel like there's any grit in them. I'm freakin' smooth out right now. I have to unload it and get back on the road, but I'll post a ton of pics tonight or tomorrow. There's a whole box of parts, a whole box of manuals and books, and some of the parts and stuff have price tags still on them. The numbers on both sets of cases look great. Clean cut.

The bolt on hardtail has NMP stamped on it. What is that?

#35 ·

another triumph trying to be a harley. sell the harley parts and turn it back into a triumph.
Haha. Thank you for that. I'm not completely sure what I'm going to do yet, but my thought is to go ahead and use the frame and hard-tail, get rid of any harley parts I can, get as much trump stuff I can get my hands on, and go for a ratty, flat-track-ish look. I enjoy rougher looking bikes, and I've always wanted a hardtail with low bars and equally sized skinny tires. We'll see.

I'll post a bucketload of pictures tomorrow and try to get some help IDing the buckets and crates of parts... and what's on the bike as well.

I'll be relying on you guys a lot, I've never done anything with a british bike.

Are you sure the NMP isn't MAP? Looks pretty similar and they've sold quite a few Triumph hardtails.
I am not sure. I'll clean it up really well and get a picture of it tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.