Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ran across this in a storage unit. Guy told me 600 bucks gets all the parts.

Not sure how much of it is actually legit british parts, and I am not sure what that frame is.

Can some british bike experts weigh in on this one? I'm not afraid of work, but I've never had a Triumph, and I don't want to get into something that's not worth the cash. I'd really like one, but want to be smart about it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Re: Is this T120 worth 600 bucks, and identification of parts in a pile

Wow! what a great description, is it a bike or an engine, ether way the answer likely is yes.
but it is like saying... is a Harley worth $600?.... knowing that Harley also sold little 2 stroke mini bikes.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

Sorry for the lack of description! Did the pictures show up? Everything bike-related in the pictures goes for $600. That frame and motor parts, tank, wheels, fender, etc. I just don't know if those parts look original or not, and what that rigid frame might be. It looks like someone was going to 'bob' it, and never finished. The tanks look like fatbobs? And the rims don't look right. Obviously that frame isn't the stock T120 frame. Bars? Forks? Pipes? Headlight? No clue. I know I'm showing my ignorance here, but I really don't know anything about Trumps other than what I read on this forum.

If I bought it, I'd like to use almost all original parts, and build it on that rigid frame.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts

No pictures are showing up, but like Tony said, most likely, a frame motor, tank, wheels, fender, etc would be worth more than $600. Happen to know what year it is? Unit or pre unit?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Ok, i uploaded the pics via attachment instead of trying to link to them. Are they showing up now?

·
Registered
439 Posts

yes it's a unit offer 500 cash and be done with it and sell what you dont want or need on here

·
Registered
77 Posts

It's worth the money buy it!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Ok. I'm going out this afternoon, if the frame and motor haven't been wrecked, I'll almost certainly buy it. That's what I was leaning towards anyway, just wanted to make sure that I wasn't trigger happy.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts

get the numbers off of the engine and that way we can tell what it is or was.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts

Put the Bates seat on eBay Japan and you'll make your $500 back.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

Wait... Is that a bates? That's not the more popular smaller one, but is it a bates? I might have to run out there sooner, instead of waiting until tonight. Haha. =P

And yeah, if I get out there and it's not totally trashed/twisted up, I'll post up numbers and detailed pix tonight.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Ok. Good to know. I want the bates for my ironhead build. =P So it's worth something to me.

Anyone want to guess on the origin of that hardtail?

·
6,351 Posts

Ok. Good to know. I want the bates for my ironhead build. =P So it's worth something to me.
?
I think he's fucking with you on the Bates, a quick check on ebay completed auctions shows ratty Bates seats having sold for $250-$800.

If it is indeed a Bates...

·
Registered
1,596 Posts

I am with the guys...I would pay $600 for the pile...you could easily make your money back plus if you had to part the stuff out....
See if the motors rotate...offer 5 see if he bites....Benjamins talk a lot if you bring them!

·
Registered
2,456 Posts

That lot is easy worth $600 of my money. I wish I could find a deal like that!

Cheers Dan.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Thanks Benway. Even if it's a homebuilt goofball seat, the rest of it seems to be worth the money. I'm going to go check it out in a few hours, and try to see if I can find out what the frame is.

The story is that they guy bought the unit at an auction for some electronics and other gadgets in there, and wants this 'motorcycle junk' out of it.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Dibs on the fringed grip covers.
HAHA. Having seen you post before, I'm assuming this is sarcasm. However, pay shipping, and they're yours, if you really want them. =P

1 - 20 of 68 Posts