Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I have yet to take delivery of my Triumph Savior frame, but the more research I do the more curious this becomes. I can't find a picture of one.

Hondachoppers.com has the factory catalog from AMEN and they only have the "plunger" bolt ons. I'm wondering if this frame I'm getting is a XS 650 frame.

Can anyone produce a photo of a Triumph Amen Saivor or am I just thinking way to much about this?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To clearify "Amen" sold a "plunger bolt on" for triumph 650's.

"Amen Saviors" are the spring in the rear frames and I have not seen an advertisement for a Amen Savior Triumph 650 frame.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Okay, I have yet to take delivery of my Triumph Savior frame, but the more research I do the more curious this becomes. I can't find a picture of one.

Hondachoppers.com has the factory catalog from AMEN and they only have the "plunger" bolt ons. I'm wondering if this frame I'm getting is a XS 650 frame.

Can anyone produce a photo of a Triumph Amen Saivor or am I just thinking way to much about this?
I have a 70-71 TR6 with an Amen Savior bolt on rear... but it's stowed away right now and I can't take a photo of it... soon though, soon I will be getting it out to start working on it.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
It's probably a bolt-on like this one I ran on my Triumph. Not a real Amen, but it is a plunger. Not sure who made it originally, but they pop up on ebay all the time. Someone has a stash of them I'm sure because I've seen the same one up for sale over and over. It rode OK, but you have fender issues unless you mount the fender to move with it or don't mind a big gap between the tire. I sleeved mine with some chromoly tube inside so it had what I considered a cool, mechanical quality to it, but rode like a regular old rigid. It liked fast, hard turns much better after being sleeved.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dude...that's YOUR bike? Its my wall paper at work! Hahah, that's funny.

But now you cats are starting to see what I mean. No one can produce a solid single full frame Triumph Amen Savior frame.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Amen wasn't the only company to make sprung rearends. Which one does it look like?
I'd guess the bottom one, which is SIE.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Amen had a bolt on section and an actual frame...and of course a savior rear unit spring set also..to weld on any hardtail frame you would like..

Post a pic of your frame or rear-end section and see what you got..(Amen, Santee, Jammer, D&D, C&G,etc...)

Attachments

·
Registered
691 Posts
LRT on the HondaChopper board once modified a KZ Amen frame for a Triumph way back in the 70's or something. I don't believe, at that time atleast, that he could get a Triumph Amen frame available, hence the mods instead. Just 'cause something is in a catalog in the 70's doesn't mean they really made or sold it. Could be, though, and it'd be cool if ti was. It could also be a Santee, a Jammer, an old BSA tail section, etc.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Amen wasn't the only company to make sprung rearends. Which one does it look like?
I'd guess the bottom one, which is SIE.
If the axle runs thru the plunger, it's most likely Amen. Most, if not all of the others, use a bracket that puts the axle behind the plunger.

I can probably dig up something out of the crates of old magazines I have in storage and scan it. Might take a few days though.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm 100% sure its an Amen Saivor frame. What I was iffy about was if it was build for a Triumph engine or if it was built for a XS650 and modified to fit a Triumph.

The catalog scans that Danny provided show they did make two full savior frames, one for the 650 and one for the 750 (I hadn't seen that before so that is awesome to have). You will also notice that in the picture he provided there is a bar on the OUTSIDE of the rear part of the frame by the oil tank. Looking at my picture above my frame does not have that, it has a center bar under the seat for its mid support. My hope is this is the difference between a 650 frame (mine?) and a 750 Triumph Frame.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Yes the difference between the frames is the mid center post..also the long stress-bar towards your neck gives away that it is most likely an Amen frame..
Here are some examàples from different plunger style manufacturers..(all of these made complete frames, not only the weld or bolt on sections)

From left to right:
Santee, Jammer, Denver's (C&G had the same pivot style suspension as Denver's, see pic of white frame) and Amen on the bottom..

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
I know this thread is a few months old but I do have a question about the Jammer Plunger frames. Im working on aquiring one right now but I was wondering about the way the axel tabs are placed. Were there any issues with having the tabs mounted behind the springs? Were there ever a problem with them not holding up?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts