Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title on my '72 Ironhead states a vin number and an engine number which are different. The one listed for engine is not a standard vin number, it's shorter. The engine and frame numbers on the bike match. Is this normal? If so, where is that engine number located? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
Motor number is just above the cam cover inbetween the intake lifters, should be right in your face, some times the DMV makes a clerical erer......Roach.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, that's where the correct HD vin# that matches my frame is. Are there any other possible engine numbers the title could be reffering to? I can't understand how my matching numbers machine has another number listed under engine on the title. Damn.

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
Like I said, clerical erea, you can have the paper work corected, have the DMV fix it, have the CHP inspect it and then pay the fee's and it can be fixed, just some one didnt know what they were doing and that happens all the time, one of my cars had the VIN of by a couple of numbers due to some one not being able to read the VIN on the firewall, I think they needed glasses!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.