Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still been working on the 84 sporty. Finally got the motor in it, I got the tank a lot closer to where I want it, There was a swap meet up here this weekend, and I bought the front wheel, seat , springs and aircleaner. The "NEW" hand controls showed up today, and I hate them, I spent 3 bills on these and probably won't run them, WHY are all "AFTERMARKET HARLEY" parts so "big"?.... Why doesnt someone make decent looking brake and clutch levers with small levers and a small master cylinder??????? LUKESTER

Attachments

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Looks really good. I like the salinas tank. You could always run no front brake w/ a spool up front. That would eliminate the fugly hand controls and clean up the front end.

·
Registered
552 Posts
my build im thinking about running a sport bike master cylinder.they are pretty small and simple.we'll see when i actually get to doing research on it

·
Registered
523 Posts
LUKESTER said:
Still been working on the 84 sporty. Finally got the motor in it, I got the tank a lot closer to where I want it, There was a swap meet up here this weekend, and I bought the front wheel, seat , springs and aircleaner. The "NEW" hand controls showed up today, and I hate them, I spent 3 bills on these and probably won't run them, WHY are all "AFTERMARKET HARLEY" parts so "big"?.... Why doesnt someone make decent looking brake and clutch levers with small levers and a small master cylinder??????? LUKESTER
I am having the same problem. No front brake (although it looks a million times better without one) here in London is not an option, I would be dead in a week! Someone has told me you can get a remote master cylinder that could be mounted under the tank, I'm looking into it right now so I will let you know. As for the levers, with a small amount of mucking about you could use aftermarket british ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts