Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Probably gonna have to be fabbed up not sure anyone sells anything out there.I may have some pics of one done up if I can find them I will post them up tonight.

Shoe

Draglinkscc said:
I want to put a hand controled jockey shifter on the Ironhead but have had NO luck in the search engines? any help? I know I can make one but I want a nice one haha

·
Registered
246 Posts
I am building a hand shift for my 68 Ironhead right now I will see if someone I know is smart enough to get some pics going for me.

I have changed plans like 15 times and now I think I am happy if you want any advice just ask, but I am not done yet so I dont know how helpful I will be.

·
Registered
866 Posts
using the rear brake crossover is a good idea, I am thinking of doing the same on mine, I'm gonna hijack draglinks post and put myself second in line behind him if anyone has one that they want to get rid of :)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Dan said:
using the rear brake crossover is a good idea, I am thinking of doing the same on mine, I'm gonna hijack draglinks post and put myself second in line behind him if anyone has one that they want to get rid of :)
some kid had one set up like that when i was in school.it looked pretty trick.i graduated before i got to see how he did the rear brake.when i finally get an iron i will do it like that,and then probaly run a sprotor

·
Registered
500 Posts
Dammit Dave did just that. He don't post much but he may be stirred. Here's not the best pic of it but maybe it'll get somejuices flowin'...

·
Registered
866 Posts
my rear brake is already cable operated off the forward controls so I think all I will need to do is move the cable over to the right side and run the clutch cable to the left pedal, the last picture looks awesome, anymore pics of that bike?? I love that finned primary cover!

·
Registered
866 Posts
would love to see the right side of that bike, see how he handled that, I think on mine it may take some funky bends to deal with exhaust but should be able to link to the shifter arm without much hassle.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Dan said:
would love to see the right side of that bike, see how he handled that, I think on mine it may take some funky bends to deal with exhaust but should be able to link to the shifter arm without much hassle.
if you're talking about mine, there are several pics of both sides if you click on the link

·
Registered
500 Posts
Dan said:
my rear brake is already cable operated off the forward controls so I think all I will need to do is move the cable over to the right side and run the clutch cable to the left pedal, the last picture looks awesome, anymore pics of that bike?? I love that finned primary cover!
Imma post 'em big so ya an get a view, not he best to show what ya need but hope it helps..

Here's the pic I cropped...

Another, same night different angle...

The only other I have, may give a bit of a view...

·
Registered
57 Posts
I run a jockyshift on mine, left foot shift, I've also set one up on a triumph right foot shift and crosed it over to the left. the hardest part is getting leverage right for the foot cluch. too high up on the foot lever and you need hulk legs to hold the cluch in.

I can post pics if you want

1 - 20 of 25 Posts