Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I followed the manual for the basic trouble shooting to no avail.
My 79 sporty been completely rebuilt from top to bottom. Second or third trip ever, it kept bogging down like there was trash in the carb or something..i was too far down the the road so I decided to try and get it home. Kept doing it. Every time I’d slow down, downshift, and stop it on the side. Rev it a little bit, sometimes it’d cut off sometimes it wouldn’t. The last time, it would feel like it was going to first but when I let off the clutch it wouldn’t move. Even tried 2nd and 3rd..nothing. I could completely let out of the clutch and it wouldn’t even bog down or cut off. I’ve currently got everything torn down, clutch out, tranny etc. nothing looks broken or worn except the roll bearings. Not sure if it’s the pawl like I keep seeing but I’m out of options..Please help

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Guess is all any one can do - you could have 2 things going on

one the engine related issue could be the condenser - the coil - and if you have a circut breaker on the ignition as it is being used they heat up and its kicking out

The shifting clutch issue - very possible the pawl spring the large one is broken happens - or the selector cog is worn and stuck away now its not turning the works

rotate the selector and see if its selecting into its detects all 5 of them 1234 and N

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
The roller bearing damage is not good - picture up the mainshaft end that goes into the rollers and the case race as well

1 - 3 of 3 Posts