Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright fellers I need the dimensions from tube to tube in the top tree from a 76-83 sporty?? Reason I ask is I'm building a CB that is raked pretty hard and when i got it the cast top tree was broke like it tried pogo-ing so I'm gonna use a billet top tree and my smoothed lower from the CB but wanted the HD risers and such both are showa-kayaba 35mm so hoping the are the same but want to check and all my extra trees here are 39mm any help is greatly APPRECIATED!!!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Sorry - can't help with your post, other than to recommend not using a hydraulic frontend on a heavily raked front end. Usually they use girders or springers...from what I hear the hydraulic tubes don't compress based on the sharp angle.

I have a jab bike that's raked to 45 degrees and I made a girder for it. I haven't completed it yet though.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure if thats actually what happened but thats what i concluded and it is 45 degrees! I've heard that before but also know of some that work just fine after all these years. I'm just trying to keep this thing as it was built in '73 except a few changes to unclutter things

·
Registered
235 Posts
If you measure inside distance on an installed fork, it is 5.25 inside distance. If you measure the actual top tree it will be greater because of the taper. Roughly 5.44 at the top of the top tree.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very much sir!!! I may have just had a harman girder given to me though so we shall see!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts