Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just wondering if i could get some advice about my clutch slipping?

1974 ironhead kick only, all new kick start parts all oem harley in great shape.

kicker gear is meshing with the ratchet plate good no sportster knee or slippage there.

But when i kick it it seems that the clutch is slipping and it went from starting from one kick to about 15-20. I stand on the kicker and 75% of the time feels like their is no compression. then their is lots.

at high rpm's the clutch slips and revs up, but does not speed up. i let off the throttle then i get response again?

Is their goo brand of clutch plates to look for??

I also adjusted the clutch PROPERLY 3 times and nothing better?

G

·

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got my local indie to order the barrnette clutch kit for 200$ thats canadian next day shipping. alot higher than online but I cant wait. COmes with spacers and springs.

G

·
Aaaaa.....

There is only one huge spring for your year model....

The spacers can be had in three sizes....The std size 1.530 Which should be the size you will be using with the new clutch you have coming...(Or should be)

The spacers are for getting the .125 space between the pressure plate and the outer drive plate....

Two other sizes can be had to get to the needed space...
1.490 and 1.450...

The outer drive plate does not come with the Clutch Kit....
It does have fiction material on one side of it....
Would be a wise idea to also order it as the original is most likely worn down causing the need for the other spacers to be used....

On the first few years of the 71-up clutch, they didn't use the spacers at all...The driven clutch plates didn't have holes large enough for using them....Think it was in late 73 that the Mo-Co started to use the spacers....
All the early models can use the spacers if the driven plates are replaced with the later..

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts