Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
76 ironhead, when the bike is taken on the freeway and ridden hard, the clutch will sometimes seize up so you can't squeeze the lever. I at first thought it was the ball and ramp setup, so I pulled mine off and threw a buddies on that came off of a working bike, and same thing. I did pull the clutch hub off to install a kicker, but everything was reinstalled correctly.

any insight?

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
Well the ball and ramp "pull" the clutch apart, are the splins in the basket and on the hub good or are they "Notched" That would be my gues with out seeing it in person, and look into the hydrolic conversion.....

·
Registered
689 Posts
+1 on a clutch basket or hub being worn and notched. Take it apart and look at where the cluth plates splines fit into the basket and around the hub. If these splines are rough or grooved, the plates will get stuck. Did your original clutch hub already have a ratchet plate on it or did you get a new or used one? Did all of the clutch plates slide in easily? Did you install a new clutch while you were in there? Maybe one of the clutch plates have a messed up spline that does not fit into the basket smoothly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.