Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my Sportster running this past weekend, but I am having trouble with the clutch. It doesn't disengage. I had it working a little, then I tried to adjust on it, now it doesn't work at all. I tried the adjuster in the primary cover, and I tried adjusting the cable. When I pull the lever, I can see the clutch being pulled in, it just isn't disengaging for some reason. Also, what oil do you run in the primary/transmission, I have 20/50 in it right now. Any suggestions? I've been working on putting this bike together for about a year now and I want to get out and ride.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Make sure your plates are free floating in the basket.
That would be the first thing i'd look at.

To adjust it...

Bottom out the cable adjuster so the lever has tons of slack.

Screw the clutch adjuster screw in till it hits the thowout bearing, then tighten it two more turns.

Now go back to the cable adjuster and back it out till you don't have any any slack in the lever. Lock it down.

Back your clutch adjuster screw off, then tighten it till it just touches the throwout bearing. Then, back it off 1/8 turn. Lock it down.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice, I'm gonna go out to the shop some time today and work on it some more. I'll let ya'll know how it turns out.

·
Registered
411 Posts
ABone312 said:
Thanks for the advice, I'm gonna go out to the shop some time today and work on it some more. I'll let ya'll know how it turns out.
Did this work?

·
Registered
825 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts