Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone, I'm new to the site. But I've been reviewing your information regularly. I'm not sure if I'm crazy or brain dead but I started a 1930-1936 VL project. The forks are missing. I was able to get the front springer fork and rockers. The rigid fork is missing. I've contact W&W about their I-Beam forks but as many of you said, they don't work out of the box because they are 1" setup for later Big Twins. They offered to give me an estimate on matching a set for the VL 1-1/8" neck but I'm guessing its going to be very expensive. Has anyone here adapted the W&W i-beam forks to an early 30's VL frame?

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Well to fit the W&W 17-753 rigid for to your VL frame you need to start with a Timken 1" set L44643 cone and L44610 race. Then you need to take all old bearing races etc off your VL frame and have somebody machine you a neck cup / adapter that supports the L44610 race or a spacer for stock shovel neck cups. Easy for somebody with a lathe. Do you have friends?

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Ahh the old brain. L44643 cone and L44610 race. A common trailer size available at Auto parts stores or Amazon. Or from me but Amazon is less money if you have prime.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts