Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Im sorry i never introduced my self before. i have posted a couple of times here but never said hello. i have an 02 sporty. i added a 1200 kit, barnett clutch kit, chain coversion kit. wrapped my pipe withthermo tec black wrap,removed front fender, added some old skol tires.... i will get a pic when im done fixing it. i have a tapping noise im trying to tackle. i work alot of hours and dont get a lot of time to work on it.its my first real steet bike. i read some other forums, but find this one the best.if i had the money i would love to build my own bike. i do alittle mig welding. im a chef and future fater(due in nov)first kid, so excited. well i just wanted to say hello and tell you alitttle about myself.
thanks
aj

·
Registered
450 Posts
aj, welcome aboard man. Glad to see you on here. aj is a great guy! We were actually childhood friends, met when we were 3 or 2?? ...grew up in the same neighborhood. We lost contact years ago and I moved out of our town. I remember his dad had a chopper that was always parked behind his house. When I was around 6 I would climb on it thinking I might figure out how to take this thing down the street..but to my dismay, no luck. I use to call it a Harley until his Dad corrected me one day and said with pride, "No, not a Harley Scott it's a Triumph!" aj, it's great being back in contact with you man. You're in great hands here at the JJ.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry turbo for the lack of info. i posted a tread before about this problem chopperchaz gave me some advise on it. im going to work on the bike on sat or sun morning.(yo scott im avail on sun morn also)so ill have more info then.yo scott thanks for the props. ya it is great being back intouch with you.scott is a great guy. i need a freind like you on the eastcoast also. good luck with choppertown ftv, cant wait to see it. ya my pops sparked my interest in bikes also. he was a great man. thanks all

·
Registered
450 Posts
TurboRoadster said:
tapping noise as in valves? could be lots of things
*could be noisy valve train as in darn near quite normal
* could be big lift on cams and rocker hitting cover
*could be lack of info on issue and I havent a clue and am just guessing.
Turbo, here's the link regarding the post about the tapping sound aj was refering to:

http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7567

1 - 5 of 5 Posts