Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm Surly and I've been into bikes forever. I've been without a garage for a few years but last summer I fixed that -http://surlycamera.blogspot.com/2005/06/garage-has-new-home.html
Now I'm can work on some projects. I dig bikes of all kinds but I'm not too into super stretched really shiny stuff. I am a journeyman machinist and I'm working on learning sheetmetal skills and painting. I've seen some of the work around here and it's just amazing! I am familiar with some of the guys like Caffeine and Conder. I dig the stripes Rob! I'm a newbie with a brush too.

Here's my latest project. I work on it when I can. I've got a 11 month old boy who takes up most of my time. Check out my blog if you care. www.surlycamera.com
Rock on.
Surly

·
Registered
270 Posts
Welcome to the board!

Totally off topic, but that garage move is something I never thought I'd see done quite like that (with people pushing I mean). Did you have to notify the city that you would be taking up the road for awhile or did you just do it??

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We had a tractor sitting there that we going to use to pull the thing but pushing it seemed safer. It really wasn't that hard to push either.
I'm sure I should have had tons of permits and red tape and all that bullshit. I did have a building permit. We just said fuck it and started pushing. It took about 5min to push from the neighbors house to my house. Also, there is no through traffic in my 'hood so it's not like the cops were going to drive by.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Surly said:
We had a tractor sitting there that we going to use to pull the thing but pushing it seemed safer. It really wasn't that hard to push either.
I'm sure I should have had tons of permits and red tape and all that bullshit. I did have a building permit. We just said fuck it and started pushing. It took about 5min to push from the neighbors house to my house. Also, there is no through traffic in my 'hood so it's not like the cops were going to drive by.
Fucking awesome man!! hahaaa

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.