Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok - bj [moonshiners] has made me do an intro with a couple of bits of stuff i have going on here - sorry if post is too picture heavy but been drinking and didnt realy realise untill it was too late

ive just been in the garage - trying to put the cylinders onto my 45 - thought - oh yea beer can as piston ring compressor - ok better empty a couple of them - worked as ring compressor but also sliced my hand open - bugger

safer in here drinking and typing i recon...

first off - i didnt build this one - i designed it, made full size plans etc and got a guy i know with a chopper shop to do it for me... long story but at the time i had the cash but no space - i was living on a boat blah blah... so the boardtrack came into existence...

i love it... im taking some more pics this weekend for benny but this is the only one i have at the minute and it isnt complete in this pic...

then we have my shovel - daily hack -ride about 75 miles aday on this to and from work

then we have my 45 - engine being rebuilt totally - stroked and bored - should go ok but hell its a 1944 engine - its not going to win any drag races unless i can find a likely 50cc scooter to race against but it will be a lot of fun

this is a comp up photoshop job of the style i am going... got a frame and stuff flying in from america as i type - i want it now!!! - if only i had enough cash left over to pay for the fast shipping instead of coming over on a boat sometime when they are ready....

then lastly we have my hack of a car [sorry i know its a bike forum but hey...] that will in the future when cash allows.... turn into a 70s style pro street racer style beasty....

so yea... thats pretty much me and what im upto

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Welcome to the board man. Nice bikes - the boardtracker looks super sweet. Post some more pics!

·
Registered
962 Posts
Is that a kawi Vulcan 800 back wheel on the boardtracker? I am thinking about using one on a project, looks exactly like that.

Nice intro.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers all - its a yamaha xvs650 hub on the boardtrack with a new rim onto it

i should mension it was boneshaker choppers that built the boardtracker - same guys that did moonshinenrs framee - they are top lads if anyone in england is needing any custom fab work electrics frames etc...

·
Registered
302 Posts
G,day....from Aus, what type of engine is in the board tracker, is it a yam......looks cool, more pics....Dig the shovel too.....now back away from the cylinder, and drop the ring compressor..

·
Registered
344 Posts
Nice one Sumo! Told ya they'd dig your stuff!
Drop me an e-mail and i'll hook you up with Matt and Dean (DicE) contacts...

Boadtracker looks ace in real life...

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the kind words - dice magazine eh?? compliments indeed...

but if i was to get anything in there i would want it to be all my own work - like i said i just did the design on the boardtrack getting the lines right etc not the build [the bit that requires the skill] and the shovel im just working ontop of what the bike was like when i bought it - new tins seat floorboards etc.... so again not entirely mine... just modifying a bit and refining to my taste some...

the 45 though - that is ALL mine right from a box of mainly harley engine parts with a few triumph bits thrown in for good measure just to add to the confusion factor.... that will be something i am proud of as my work and would think about getting that featured somewhere...

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Sumo,
is that you from the FHP forum? If so, e-mail me - lost your address. I've got some pics and stuff you'll find useful.

Cheers Johnny

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
dude yes it is me on the flathead forum - not going the triumph frame route anymore on the 45 but still building away... eyup at beer dot com

dont tend to post on there at the minute - seem to get various patronising replies and everything turns into a big thing ovevr there... hope this place is different

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well... lets say i like my pies and pints ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts