Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes it is a QPD. . .

but I sold that motor and am using a '73 motor now. The motor in the pic was a '68, it ran fine and was a good little motor, but the clutch adjustment on the clutch pack in that belt drive sucked big time. I could never get that clutch to pull as smoothly and easily as a stock one. So I sold that motor along with another frame, springer and some other odds and ends and am using a '73 motor from a friend that has all sorts of webco finned shit on it. Plus the new motor is chromed/polished and I wanted more of that look for the rebuild I am doing.

What's up with your bike, is it close to done yet?

Flyin' Dutchman said:
Hey!

Is that a QPD clutch/belt setup on the Trump..?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Tha Nutz said:
Flyin' Dutchman said:
Yeah, my bike's very close to "done"...

Your bike looks sweet, but you are gonna slide right the fuck of off that seat the first time you drop the hammer on it. Wasn't that seat on your old bike--did you have that problem?
This is "the old bike"... And yeah, a lot of people say that I will slip off. But when I rode it in bare metal I didn't have a problem with the seat. I'm just a small dude, and hang on to the bars! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.