Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Been reading this board for around a year but like most things in life never got round to getting involved. Any ways here's a bit about me, live in England (15mins from London) been riding for 29 years (yeah and I feel my age sometimes) and have nearly always built bikes the way I want them to be. I tend to go for a street tracker, cafe racer style or lower the bikes, when I finish, the frame and engine tend to be all that's left of the original.

Starting to put together a 500 Triumph bobber, had the bike for 15 years and restored it to original spec (64 model) and tweaked the engine, JoMo cams and valve train, alloy clutch basket, 7 plate conversion, alloy pressure plate, 10.5/1 pistons, polished rods, gas flowed head, new bearings etc. runs really well but it's time for a face lift. I want to put a bolt on hardtail in place of the swing arm (or fabricate a custom frame), then start changing things as I move to the front of the bike. I get lots of inspiration from this board and have a picture in my mind of the finished bike, let's hope I get there.

Frenchie

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Frenchie said:
I'll have to go see my parents and see what they have then scan them in, probably scare myself by how old I've now got.

Frenchie
old is not so bad....old, dumb, and crippelee is though and I hope god gives me the cement shoes before that happens, welcome a- board -AJ

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
choppertown said:
welcome look forward to seeing some pics
Will get some done over the weekend of the 500 as she stands, probably a nice classic rebuild. I'll begin stripping her down in September when I've finished my sons Honda SS50 (he's 16 in just over a month) so he can get on the road with his first bike. There's a big swap meet beginning of October so I plan to clear out a load of Honda parts and try to pick up some bits for the bobber project.

I was looking for a bolt on hardtail but they seem hard to find over here or are stretched way too long, you get a big empty space between the fender and oil tank and it doesn't look good to me. I will probably end up fabricating my own tail section that way I get what I want. Will lace up some black alloy rims and stainless spokes to the original wheels then try to pick up a wassel tank.

Best get that Honda finished to clear up some working space then.

Frenchie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts