Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm new to the Jockey Journal and I am on a mission to find and hopefully get back my grandfathers Triumph 650 Desert Thumper. I've been searching for a few years and I finally found some pictures online which led me to you guys. Ascot TT posted some pictures of his bike in 2010. Does anyone on here know him or if hes still active?

This is a very special bike to us. My grandfather raced may races with this and my grandma even raced on the back with him! From Baker to Vegas!

My grandfather gave it to his long time friend Jack Davis for his son Duan in the late 80s. My dad then got it back from Jack in the mid 90s and resorted it to what you see here.

The bike has a Patterson Frame that we re-Nickle plated, the tank was re-painted by Phil Stanton who originally painted it back in the day. The tank isn't a Triumph tank either. Its an aluminum Husqvarna tank from the 70s.

I will find some original photos and post them up as well.

Please help us find this! It would mean the world to our family to get it back.

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
Welcome. That's a beauty, I wish you luck in your search. That should not be too hard to find. The community is well connected.

Reactions: bmathews84

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I love that bike, and yeah I've seen it here & there online for some years now.

Suggest you contact good old what's-his-name at Vintage Flat Track (vft.org). The same pics as yours have appeared there, I'm fairly certain; and in any case he's likely to be a real good source of connections.

Flat Track Forum (Flat Track Forum) could also be a reasonable information/contacts source. Throw your photos up somewhere in the General Information section.

James rats

1 - 4 of 4 Posts