Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up, I'm another transplant from the HAMB, joined a couple weeks ago, but just getting a chance to post my intro. Been riding bobbers and choppers since 1990, I'll try to post a pic of one of my bikes from back then. Had a bunch of different shit, shovelheads, iron sporty's a '64 bsa chopper. I currently own a '51 BSA bobber(project) a '69 Triumph chopper thats hangin on a wall in my tattoo shop, and just picked up an evo sporty that I'm gonna be putting in a rigid frame as soon as I finish a couple of the hotrods in the garage. I probably know handful of you guys allready, but for anyone else, I live in beautiful SFV(Smog Filled Vagina), Southern Cali. Own a tattoo shop, and tattoo and paint(pictures, not cars) for a living. Spend most of my time on Hotrods these days, building a '38 ford PU, a '34 Coupe, and soon starting on my wifes '26 chevy roadster.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
DanCollins said:
whats up, I'm another transplant from the HAMB, joined a couple weeks ago, but just getting a chance to post my intro. Been riding bobbers and choppers since 1990, I'll try to post a pic of one of my bikes from back then. Had a bunch of different shit, shovelheads, iron sporty's a '64 bsa chopper. I currently own a '51 BSA bobber(project) a '69 Triumph chopper thats hangin on a wall in my tattoo shop, and just picked up an evo sporty that I'm gonna be putting in a rigid frame as soon as I finish a couple of the hotrods in the garage. I probably know handful of you guys allready, but for anyone else, I live in beautiful SFV(Smog Filled Vagina), Southern Cali. Own a tattoo shop, and tattoo and paint(pictures, not cars) for a living. Spend most of my time on Hotrods these days, building a '38 ford PU, a '34 Coupe, and soon starting on my wifes '26 chevy roadster.
Welcome.

I am jealous of that '38 Ford.

-Jason

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks man, yeah it's gonna be a hell of a parts hauler when it's done.....

This is a pic of my second bike, around '91. Shovel in a paughco frame with a Jammer springer, 21" invader, peanut tank etc. This was my daily driver at the time. Never let me down. Sorry for the poor quality pic

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
whats up Django, not doin any music anymore....no time. But my guitar player from Mr Badwrench is the bass player in the Cramps now, has been for a couple years. So thats cool.

here's a pic of my '69 trump, painted by Nick O'Teen

Attachments

·
TI_Tuesday
1,247 Posts
DanCollins said:
whats up Django, not doin any music anymore....no time. But my guitar player from Mr Badwrench is the bass player in the Cramps now, has been for a couple years. So thats cool.

welcome...you sound like a busy dude so if you need someone to dust off that trump, just let me know!!:D

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome! Now that's ART! I think it would be cool to just have bikes sitting around the house... That looks even better on that wall because everything around it is so clean. Nice shop and nice bike!
DanCollins said:

·
Registered
591 Posts
Cool Triumph Dan, put some of your stuff up here would ya? I've still got the Heaven/Hell flash you sent me years ago...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the warm welcome.....here is a closer pic of the tank, but it really doesn't do it justice, and the top of the tank looks even better, it's silver flake with candy apple red and candy gold and black panels with the silver flake showing through in pinstripes. The rear fender matches too. Whats up Conder, whats with the Dragster progress these days? Man, I really admire yer vision. I'll post some pics of my art when i get a chance.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Welcome,

Post up some of your tatoo work maybe start a friday art show.A few were doin it for awhile and just has not become a regular thing yet.Cool bikes.I think the trump should be down on the ground and ridin looks good where its at but better sittin in frt of the shop.:D
Shoe

·
Atomic Custom
3,829 Posts
Whats up Dan!
Hows the shop doing? I need to get out and have you do some work on me.
Things here in Abq are going good, hoping to move into a 2400 sq ft place within a month or so.
Hit me up about that E.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tony Bones said:
That Triumph is beautiful...in a manly way.
Thanks Tony, at least it's not "CUTE"

The only reason that my bike isn't in front of the shop, is I'm on the second floor! but anyone on here who wants to come n get tattoo'd has my invitation to ride their bike into the elevator and park in the lobby, had a couple scoots parked in here before. Thank god for concrete floors.....Whats up Trent, anytime you wanna come on out, let me know. Seems like you been busy. I will post some pics of my art and tattoo's, not sure if I can remember to do it on friday or not, but I'll try.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
oh BTW Tony, thats a funny line about Iggy Pop, that dude's cool as hell, I met him about 12 years ago when I worked at Easyriders on melrose. I had a flamed '56 pontiac parked outside, n some wierd lookin dude in a black leotard was oogling my car, I thought I was gonna have to shoo him away when I realized it was Iggy Pop, I had him sign the hood, he wrote "FUCK YEAH, Iggy Pop"

1 - 18 of 18 Posts