Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Matt, I just like bikes, motorized or pedal power. Here is my new baby, I did not build this, I actually traded a bicycle I built for it. Yes, bicycle.. it was a late 70's Eddy Merckx track bike I found some asshole throwing out.. so I stripped and powdercoated it and fixed it right up (if you like I can show you my nonmotorized bikes). Managed the trade on craigslist, love that place.

R5 (prev. owner built for vintage drag)

Seat pops off, just little hooks.

How you doin?

Anyways, I am looking over stuff trying to figure out how to hook up the magneto to power a small front lamp and maybe hook up a simple diffused LED lamp in the back or something small for brakes. The owner did a fab job on the seat but I think I want to make a better mounting system as well as make a little mount bracket for a small light with the option of making the hump a stash spot for tools/plugs/etc.

I also want to make a snazzy hand painted deal on it, but I have no idea where to start on that, my only experience with painting is either taking it to a powdercoating place or spray paint. I want to do brushstroke stuff, what kind of paint should I get? I'm thinking of painting a skeleton ribcage over the tank.

If and when I can figure out a place that's not my neighbor's sidewalk to keep bikes I want to get a project that I can build myself so I don't go posting other people's work ;) Credit where credit is due!

Uh, I'm trying to get into UIC, I'm a one-time dropout, kinda smart if I apply myself. 23.. been riding for only about 2-3 years? What more do ya wanna know.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
lower front end and take off front fender... cool lil bike/..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
hatch said:
Go to an art supply store.....get some "one shot" sign paint, and a small lettering quill...and some mineral spirits. Have fun!!!
Exactly what I was lookin for, thanks. Can I paint it just straight over the spray paint or should I do some prep stuff?
Flatironmike said:
That's one UGLY looking HEADlight.
Shines real bright at night though! Thanks.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
well - im proved wrong yet again - im not meant to like cafes.... that bikes the shit - im liking that a lot - loose the front mudguard and brushscript your name onto the tank racing syle and then leave it as it it - it looks hard....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
beatcad said:
i knew i've seen this guy somewhere.

SIR,YES SIR!!!!!
Hoooooly shit.

You have NO IDEA what you just did. Here's the sit-shee-ashun: I was hangin out at my friend's place recently watching shitty kung fu flicks when his roomate crashes through the door at around 2am. She's wasted. We're sober. I realize at this point, something I'd been pondering over, that she is a complete babe.

She falls into the doorway, smiles, staggers off and pukes her guts out over the can. At this point she swaggers back in the room in jammies with a look of a person who has just climbed mount everest, and smiles at me again. Hot. The first words to escape her lips are "You look like a spitting image of private joker."

Fuck me silly, now you've gone and screwed it all up. I don't know what to say because that's a pretty embarassing figure, so I nod and say "well that's a new one." She seems embarassed now, being wasted, and hauls off to bed. I get a message from my friend that she's in grief over insulting a "cute boy." Hilarious. You're the second person to ever say that too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts