Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been checking things out here for a while and decided to post. I'm from Iowa, living near Dallas, Texas - working near Amarillo temporarily. I ride a softail and have a '71 Triumph 500cc that I plan to start working on. I have yet to see it in person, as my bro picked it up in Iowa for me a couple of months ago. I'm going up to get it in two weeks. It's nothing special, but the price was right. I grew up around bikes - worked on them with my old man all my life. He's currently re-restoring a '47 knuck w/ sidecar. The first time he restored it was probably 25-30 years ago. My brother (in the pic on my Trump) has a '60 BSA 650 he's currently cutting into pieces. He's on here somewhere as eazyluvin. I'll surely be asking for some Brit help once I get the Trump to Texas. Here's a picture of the Triumph that haunts my dreams.

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/5742/jjtrump3px.jpg

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Hey, I think your exhaust pipe is loose, but look at that smile. Imagine the fun you'll have when it's actually RUNNING!

Welcome!
-JB

NYFB said:
I've been checking things out here for a while and decided to post. I'm from Iowa, living near Dallas, Texas - working near Amarillo temporarily. I ride a softail and have a '71 Triumph 500cc that I plan to start working on. I have yet to see it in person, as my bro picked it up in Iowa for me a couple of months ago. I'm going up to get it in two weeks. It's nothing special, but the price was right. I grew up around bikes - worked on them with my old man all my life. He's currently re-restoring a '47 knuck w/ sidecar. The first time he restored it was probably 25-30 years ago. My brother (in the pic on my Trump) has a '60 BSA 650 he's currently cutting into pieces. He's on here somewhere as eazyluvin. I'll surely be asking for some Brit help once I get the Trump to Texas. Here's a picture of the Triumph that haunts my dreams.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.