Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been on the HAMB for a long time both as a lurker and a poster and I've been lurking here pretty much since its inception. I have an '83 XLX that's mostly as I bought it - too much chrome and 'live to ride' crap on it, but that'll change. For this year, I'd like to work to get it reliable and possibly rebuild the top-end as it fouls spark plugs a lot and I suspect the valve seals are 'trickling on them'. We just bought a house, so I'm getting to the point of having money to spend again and the woman can't give me shit for 'not saving for our house' or whatever. Long term plans for the bike are making the motor nice and reliable, a hardtail, a springer front-end with pretty-much stock rake and replacing my mags with wire wheels. Obviously, about a million other 'minor details' will need attended to in the process, but that's where I am now. I'll prolly ask a bunch of stupid questions, especially relating to my 'computer controlled ignition' and VOES, so bare with me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
******* Smooth said:
I'll prolly ask a bunch of stupid questions, especially relating to my 'computer controlled ignition' and VOES, so bare with me.
Ok, from looking around on the internet, it would appear that VOES didn't come out until 1984. I guess that would be why I had so much trouble finding mine last night. Looks like I need to spend more time with my service manual...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts