Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im 24 from chicago. I started building my first bike (rigid shovel) when i was 16 . It took me a couple yrs to finish. I eventually sold it and started my own motorcycle shop in the chicago subarbs. Ive done a few ground up bikes along with a couple restorations. mainly doing maintance tire changes, bolt on chrome garbage for the local yuppies. They have money so thats fine with me. My every day driver was a 76 FLH that I completly redid. It was a 93" shovelhead with jockey shift. I powder coated everything, gas tanks, fenders, oil tank, wheels, hubs inner and outer primarys and other misc brackets. I had the frame pinstriped along with inside the wheel hubs before I assembeled them. I owned the bike for about 4 yrs before i redid it, rode it for about 3 months last summer until some punk driving a brand new VW yapping on his cell made a left in front of me. I hit the side of his car doing about 40, smashed the bike up pretty good. They pulled he bike off me and got me to the hospital. The first words out of the docs mouth was, good chance that were taking your leg. Not the best news. Anyways 6 hours of sergury later i still have my leg with some extra hardware along with a permanent limp and a trashed bike.

you guys be careful out there, i dont know the percentages but im sure its not our riding abilitys that cause most these accidents its the assholes in the cars.
I sold the bike and dont plan on riding anytime soon. I still wrench on them though and if anyone needs any harley advise, give me a shout.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Nice scoot man.
Too bad about the leg, but i guess its a good thing you still have it!

My biggest fear is exactly what happened to you.
I saw a chick on the highway yesterday talking on her phone with one hand, smoking a cigarette with the other, putting on lipstick in the mirror all while doing 75 down the fucking freeway.

I hate that shit.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ryno said:
Nice scoot man.
Too bad about the leg, but i guess its a good thing you still have it!

My biggest fear is exactly what happened to you.
I saw a chick on the highway yesterday talking on her phone with one hand, smoking a cigarette with the other, putting on lipstick in the mirror all while doing 75 down the fucking freeway.

I hate that shit.
Thanks alot. I always thought if i was gunna go down it would have been because i was riding the like a maniac, which will all do sometimes. Never thought it would have happend on a quite sunday evening. I guess you never know. Ive learned alot from it though..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Django said:
Hey Bob, welcome aboard.
Hey chad. Im glad i found this place. gunna be up at hot rod chassis on thurs? btw i noticed your post on black rims. the ones that were on my bike i cut the spokes out of them and had them powdercoated, Theres a big powdercoating place in Addison that did them. They usually run huge parts, large quanity, but i know the owner so he throws parts on the line for extra cash on the side. Pretty cheap too. all the powdercoating on Larrys chevy was done there as well(wheels, intake manifold,valve covers and air cleaner). let me know if you need any help with it. ttyl

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yeah...I worked for a while in Bensenville at Busse and Thorndale...I drank a couple to the bar that looks like a house..Two Brothers or something like that...

Cyclebilly said:
just west of Ohare in Itasca

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
shakedown88 said:
Yeah...I worked for a while in Bensenville at Busse and Thorndale...I drank a couple to the bar that looks like a house..Two Brothers or something like that...
Yeah, I never new that place was a bar. I think thay finally closed it down

·
Registered
634 Posts
Cool, thanks Bob. I may take you up on that.

Can't go this thursday. Remember I told you about the pre wedding party/trip that was making me miss the Cheater's show? We leave tomorrow. I'm going to try for next week though.

That pan rules.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Eazyluvin said:
How much for the 52? does it come with the panheads?
Thanks for all the welcomes. im looking to get 10500.00 out of it. I will list it in the classifieds. unfortunatetly i dont have the heads. someone switched them out with the shovels. i wish i had them though. Its a disc brake frontend as well off of a later shovel. frame,engine trans all 52

1 - 20 of 21 Posts