Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another Austin guy here, i ride an 06 FXDBI, i hate the "Street Bob" name, and expect to get shit for it, but i ride the piss out of it, so bring it on. I also am building a chopped/bobbed/whatever XS650. It's my first build and it's been sitting in the garage for over a year now untouched after a strong start. I could def use help with it. I was going to sell it, but the deal didn't work out and I started wanting to finish it.

Jarod

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope, i'm keeping it and finishing it. I am thinking about selling the frame (which has been hardtailed already) simply because it's tiny. At 6'3" 275ish, I will look like a monkey humping a football on it. Selling it and getting a diff one is something i'm considering.

Jarod

shook said:
Don't sell it. finish it.

but if you really do want to sell it....

·
Registered
825 Posts
hey bro.....great to see ya in here!!!!

Welcome

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
heheh that may have been a bit before my time, i moved here ~8 years back.

Bought that bike a couple months back, traded a FLHT in on it. I dig the fact that i can clean the flat bits with windex. Not a big fan of chrome.

FrankBen777 said:
I got a "street bob" once, as i recall it was behind the old Antone's up on Lamar...good times.

Frank in Austin.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not too many pics yet. It's literally in pieces in my garage. I didn't start with a donor bike, just a motor & a frame picked up on ebay for too much $. I'd guess i have about 90% of the parts needed to complete it, just need to start putting it together.

j

copperbobber said:
Get on it man, get that thing out and get to it. Got any pics of it? I just sold one and I kinda wish I had it back.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Maybe you could help me out. I have a frame that i picked up off of ebay. It's a stock XS650 frame that has been cut and a hardtail added. It was just recently returned to me from a friend in S.A. who was cleaning up some welds and checking it out for me. He had it for about a year and didn't really do a whole lot to it. He said it wasn't suitable for me to build off of, but he doesn't really know much about bikes. Maybe ya'll could look at it and tell me if i should just ditch it and find one in better shape?

Jarod

Gas House Gorilla said:
If you need some help let me know. I work for a metal fab shop here in town.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.