Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all... i figured i'd follow the croud of guys over here from Da HAMB and enjoy the company of scooter freaks

most of ya know me from over yonder, but what the hell.

i've had a few bikes over the years, started with a 650 Beezer that my dad and i built from a basket case bike (literaly came home in baskets and milk cases) when i was 14. i learned to ride on that bike, wished my pop never got rid of it but he needed a decent cage to get to work in for that winter...

had a oil injected suzi 2 stroker about 15 years ago that was a reat ratty bitch and didnt stick around long. every time you got on the throttle, the baffles popped out the pipes, but it was a fun scoot for the summer i owned it. a good learning experiance

my most recent "adventure" is an '82 Kaw 750 twin that i have cut the rear off of, and am in the middle of hardtailing it out. going to have a solo seat, stock tank, stock forks, pretty much a cross between a traditional bobber and a chop. stripped down, but the frame modified for my visual pleasure :D


Anyhow, Thanks Ryan! Viva La HAMB, and now JAMB!

Traves
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
361 Posts
FiddyFour said:
hey all... i figured i'd follow the croud of guys over here from Da HAMB and enjoy the company of scooter freaks

most of ya know me from over yonder, but what the hell.

i've had a few bikes over the years, started with a 650 Beezer that my dad and i built from a basket case bike (literaly came home in baskets and milk cases) when i was 14. i learned to ride on that bike, wished my pop never got rid of it but he needed a decent cage to get to work in for that winter...

had a oil injected suzi 2 stroker about 15 years ago that was a reat ratty bitch and didnt stick around long. every time you got on the throttle, the baffles popped out the pipes, but it was a fun scoot for the summer i owned it. a good learning experiance

my most recent "adventure" is an '82 Kaw 750 twin that i have cut the rear off of, and am in the middle of hardtailing it out. going to have a solo seat, stock tank, stock forks, pretty much a cross between a traditional bobber and a chop. stripped down, but the frame modified for my visual pleasure :D

Anyhow, Thanks Ryan! Viva La HAMB, and now JAMB!

Traves
Hey Fiddy welcome, Did you ever hear from levi if he's started his t roadster project yet? That really was a nice body. Looking forward to seeing how your bike turns out. Gregg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
greggski said:
Hey Fiddy welcome, Did you ever hear from levi if he's started his t roadster project yet? That really was a nice body. Looking forward to seeing how your bike turns out. Gregg
naw,, havent heard from him about that T.. your right that was a SWEET piece of tin. Trent said the guy he bought it from claimed the doors were "rough"... hell the doors on that thing were better than on my '54 :p

got the bottom of the frame cut apart and grinding it down for welding, once thats done its blaster time and paint... might actually get it back to a roller before fall lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
361 Posts
FiddyFour said:
naw,, havent heard from him about that T.. your right that was a SWEET piece of tin. Trent said the guy he bought it from claimed the doors were "rough"... hell the doors on that thing were better than on my '54 :p

got the bottom of the frame cut apart and grinding it down for welding, once thats done its blaster time and paint... might actually get it back to a roller before fall lol
It was very tempting to (borow)some parts from that project. I picked up a 1919-20 t touring car (in pieces) that i need to start but bikes are easier to work on! You see more results for your time spent working and they don't take up as much room in the shop.Besides the weather to nice out to be working. I've been riding the pants of my beemer this last couple of weeks. Keep us posted on the kawi, it looks like you got a good start on it. Gregg
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top