Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I'm the infamous TINGLER. Artist, hillbilly hot rod builder....etc.

I live in middle Tenn. as most of you know.

Hell, most of you know me already. If you don't so what. :D

Intro complete.

I never joined up here cause I never had anything to talk about over here. I'm always yappin on the HAMB....

Well, now the gears have been turning and I'm thinkin about takin the plunge and getting a motorcycle.

I'm wanting one that gets GREAT gas mileage. Yes, I want a wimp bike. Something that looks fairly old fashioned. Something that can do at least 55 mph....but I'm not concerned about getting something real fast cause I'll probably never want to take it on the interstate. (I avoid interstates for the most part)

I've never ridden a bike before and I know nothing about them......

I'm a blank slate, a total dumb ass. I'm hoping to learn a lot from being here...I'm sure to have plenty of questions.

Question #1: What bike would you suggest I look for?

Question #2: I'm thinkin about getting a Royal Enfield. I love the looks of one...I've heard good things....do any of you have any opinions?

Thanks.

TINGLER

·
Registered
798 Posts
hey man,
If you never ridden before look into taking the motorcycle safety class, a lot of so called bikers won't promote that but I believe it give really good basic knowledge about knowing your riding limits annd rules of the road. I live in CA and if you get you MC endorsment before your 21 your required to take the class.

Basic bike= pre 80 honda cb750 or smaller, I started with a cb450 bearly enough juice to keep up on the fast lane. I thrashed it, bashed it and blew it up, wish i still had it. The twins are just cool and a cb350F is bad ass.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
if yer serious about the enfield my buddy has one for sale here in VA.
prolly 7 or 8 hours from ya. depending on where ya are in TENN.
2004. 220 miles. 3 grand. if ya want i mite know more if not i can find out.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Theres a neat as hell Triumph bobber in the classifieds section for 4500..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
beatcad said:
if yer serious about the enfield my buddy has one for sale here in VA.
prolly 7 or 8 hours from ya. depending on where ya are in TENN.
2004. 220 miles. 3 grand. if ya want i mite know more if not i can find out.
Hey,
yeah I saw that one....He listed it on OL SKOO RODZ classifieds.

I like it. I don't know if I can talk the wife into allowing me to finance it though hehe..

I was thinking about buying new based on the fact that I can finance it and I get a warranty and all that jazz.....

However, if I can find a good enough deal, (meaning $1000 or below) I may just buy outright and slug it out when it comes to rebuilding and tuning and all.....

I'm NOT afraid of getting dirty. I've outfitted my place with most of the essential tools. Welder, metal working tools, etc.

I'm not afraid of cutting something up.....I just like the idea of buying SOMETHING new in my life. ;) :D heheh...I've never bought a NEW anything.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
yeah, that's the one. than ya know all the info.

the only thing new i've ever bought in my life was last week. a 4.5 hp briggs & straton lawn mower. not very cool, but i felt like king shit of fuck mountain mowin' my yard that afternoon.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've never ridden a bike before and I know nothing about them......

I'm a blank slate, a total dumb ass. I'm hoping to learn a lot from being here...I'm sure to have plenty of questions.

Question #1: What bike would you suggest I look for?

Question #2: I'm thinkin about getting a Royal Enfield. I love the looks of one...I've heard good things....do any of you have any opinions?

Thanks.

TINGLER[/quote]

Hey Tingler,
If your knowledgeof motorcycles is limited and you like the look of Royal Enfield's go for the modern version the Enfield Bullet. Trouble free riding.
Check these pics out
http://www.chopsnbobbers.com/Albums/index.php?gallery=./Bikes%20built%20at%20LWF/Enfield%20Bobber

·
Registered
169 Posts
Tingler,

Welcome!

I'd liek to echo others here, and recommend the motorcycle saftey course. Best $$ I've spent. I'd been riding about 10 years...no license, blah, blah. Took the course with my bro's wife to keep her company. I learned a lot. Got out of bad habits I'd gotten into. Go for it.

As far as bikes, if you're buying new (or new-ish), take a look at the new Bonnevilles. I have an '04 and love, love, love it. Of all the bikes I've had, it's the do-it-all ride. Cool. Comfortable. Simple. Fast (enough). You'll love riding.

Then grab a classic on the cheap and build it up. Always nice to have a runner!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.