Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been lurking for a while and really like what I see and read...i really like the no bullshitting attitude here on the board..i tried looking at a bike board i used to go to and now it just makes me laugh..anyways 27..from conroe..machinist since i grad high school so i know a little about that...dad and uncles were/are bikers so grew up surrounded by bikes and bikers..dad tried to steer me away from it after all the crazy shit he saw and did..and it worked for a while..i had been wanting a bike to learn on but didnt have much cash..then happened upon a good deal on this

and although its not exactly what i wanted i knew it would atleast get me started so i immediately started cuttin crap off and strutted it and rode for a while in this state

a few months ago i tore it all apart and trying not to spend big bucks ended up with this...i just got it on the road last night and am having some issues with the clutch mc being lower than the slave cylinder..but with the weight reduction and rejet it runs loverly..didnt open it up all the way until i can be sure all my shit holds up..

one of the last lonely nights in the shop the helmet song "in the meantime" came on and thats pretty much what this bike is...something to learn on and practice some skills that i can use when i get my cash flow problems in order and build a bike..really stressing over a shovel..but in the meantime i'll learn all i can here on the board...and yeah i know the black fender sucks but after spendin money on the wrong paint i got pissed and just rattle canned it..and Big Al if you read this thanks for the pm..we've met before but i just don't say much..I'm the guy that was at Big Ric's asking all the dumb questions about jockey shift lol

·
Registered
840 Posts
Cool bike. I always liked them Intruders. I just stretched a stock tank for one at work a few months back. It almost doubled in volume. We also lowered it, but just moved the rear coil over mounts back, and took a little off the spacers in the front tubes.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Hey, I remember now....cool....I have alwats said, "THere are NOT many baikes that can't be made a little better by taking something OFF...."

So far you stipping of the rice burner looks good....I like the style....keep it going!!!

Welcome

·
Registered
457 Posts
Welcome!

The bike looks great....

I also love the style you brought to it....

What a transformation for sure!

Good stuff!

What year is that Bike anyhow?

Thanks,

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys for the positive comments and the warm welcome..I was afraid what some would say about it so the feedback is really appreciated..
and Thankful..its a 91 750cc..which was one of the last yrs for the 21 front so i got lucky in that respect..one of the fun things was overcoming obstacles..like as in how do you mount a springer seat to a jap frame without drilling or welding on the frame...or making my own forwards because im not spending close to 4 bills on a set of aftermarkets..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts